PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, July 4th (really the 5th) 2007, 2:02 am

disneyboy98
07-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Boy is it LATE!!!:sleepin:

However we are back at the room and while my pics are uploading I thought I better write a post. I told myself to write a "Reader's Digest" vresion of the night but somethimes that doesn't happen with me.

Well after Cape May (delicious as always) we headed over to Epcot to get our passes. Mom and I vouched for a 7 day park hopper this year (if we stay longer we always get annuals) and dad got an annual pass just so we have one in case a "discount" comes up over the next year. First thing though we walked over to the Boardwalk to look around and, of course, it starte to do the "Florida Rain." You know, where it rains hard for a few minutes and then stops. Well after that, there was a rainbow out and as the family photographer I had to take pictures of it (with a little coaxing from mom and dad). So, enjoy all the rainbow pics everybody!

So after that we walked right into Epcot and made our way over to the American Adventure. You could tell that the crowd was going to be big that night as two and half hours before illuminations, people were already starting to claim their spots along the perimeter of WS. As for tradition, we Canadians made our way over to the American Adventure for the 8:15 pm showing. It was fantastic as always and yes we did see the "updated" version of the finale. I noticed Tony Hawk (skateboarder), mom noticed a couple of other people I can't remember right now and I don't want to wake her. We both, however, caught the little montage to 9/11. It was very tastefully done, showing some of the wreckage but more importantly showing the firefighters lifting the American Flag up (all of us have that picture engrained in our brains). The song has been extended, I would say, about 10 seconds (mostly instrumental). If you have seen the show alot, you would notice the change. If you haven't seen it alot, you probably wouldn't notice.

After the show we headed over to Norway to look through the store. We love Helly Hanson and that is definitely a store I like to look in as much as I can.

After looking through Norway (leaving Maelstrom for another day) we headed over to Mexico to check out the new updated ride with Donald. While I will miss the old ride (it was awesome for a no wait line just to cool of kind of ride) it was actually cute and I could see why kids would really like it. It still is one of those rides that I would not wait more than five minutes for, but it was still pretty good.

After taking our trip through Mexico, we walked back toward China and found a spot for Illuminations about five minutes before it started. I have said it for two years in a row, YOU AMERICANS KNOW HOW TO PARTY!!! Plus, you have so much pride for your nation, you could just feel it in the energy tonight. If you have never been to Epcot before for the 4th, belive me, you need to come here. I know that everyone says that the MK is the "place to be" but you really need to give Epcot a chance. That 4th of July finale for Illuminations is one of the loudest, colorful, and energetic fireworks displays you will see. The ending when all of the fireworks are going off is almost deafening!! Plus, after the show they play all kind of patriotic music. My mom and I were saying that America has all of the best "patriotic" songs because as they were playing them tonight at Epcot, I found myself humming along with all of them. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!:thumbsup:

Well after that, we decided that because the MGM was open until 1:00 tonight (EMH) we would head over there and see what was open. On the way there we walked around the Boardwalk and saw the cutest elderly couple in the world. They were hand in hand and just enjoying being at Disney together (they were proably around the late eighties). My parents said they hoped that would be them when they reached that couples age. But the best part was when these two teenage boys approached them and gave the older man a hug. You could totally tell that this had to be their grandpa or great grandfather by the look of them. But the best part was that this young man had absolutely no problem with giving one of his elders a hug out in public. My hope is that is the way he has been brought up and not just a "Disney" moment. But it was really awesome two see those two generations and the closness that they shared!

After reaching the MGM via the walkway from the Boardwalk to the MGM we got our wrist bands and headed into the GMR. Fantastic as alway!! The best part though was that it was a five minute wait to get in.

We then headed over to The "Art of Disney" store (attached to the animation tour) and looked around there for awhile while my mom called Beckie from a pay phone. We found tons of cool things in there especially some motivational posters based on Walt Disney. I have included some in the pictures (link at the bottom). We have all seen them before but these ones were "Disneyfied".

After looking through the store and the back part of the animation tour we headed over ot Playhouse Disney where that "Party" (sorry I can't remember what it is called) was happening with all of the characters from teh Disney channel and the classic Disney characaters coming out and hanging out with the kids. As you can see from the kids there is SOOOOO much character interaction here that this is an absolute must when you are here during EMH. The kids had an awesome time dancing and getting up close with Rolie Polie Olie, JoJo and Goliath, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. If you want your kids (and you) to remember a time when the characters weren't surrounded by their bodyguards then this is the place you have to be!! Sorry to sound so much like Stacey (that annoying, but cute, host of the WDW info channel)!!

Well after that, dad decided that he wanted to go on TOT. The wait time for TOT was over 40 minutes so we though, "ok, let's go on once, just for dad." Well we got through the entrance and kept walking....and kept walking....and kept walking....until thirty seconds after going through the entrance we walked right into the library. What about the 40 minute wait?? Well, there was none!!! LOVE THAT!!!!! So we rode it once and thought, "hey, let's see if lightning will strike twice. Sure enough, it did!!! In a matter of twenty minutes we had rode TOT twice. We were the last elevator of the night and then they shut the place down! It was the perfect ending to the perfect evening!!

Well that about wraps up our first evening here at WDW. The boats have stopped coming by so I guess they are shut down for the night. It's quite dark out and as you can proabably guess...I AM EXAUSTED!!

However, tomorrow is kind of a special day. You see, there is this retaurant called "Le Cellier". It's in my home country of Canada in WS. Well we are going to be trying that for the first time EVER (lots of trips and never tried it) for lunch. We are really excited and I can't wait to share my review with you tomorrow. Our actual plans for tomorrow are a bit sketchy. Luckily, for us, we take WDW as it comes. If we feel like doing it, we do. So I guess tomorrow will be a bit of an adventure. The one thing I did not to was get on SE and I have to do that before the 9th!! Other than that, whatever comes will come!!

Hope you had an awesome 4th of July!!

Have a great "Disney" day!:mickey:

To see today's pictures please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung321/WDWJuly4th2007)! As you can see I have switched from Yahoo to Picasa. I just like it better and you get bigger pictures when you click on them. You may also see a few pics of a certain neice on there!!:thumbsup:

Have a good one!

ElenitaB
07-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Brett, thanks for your late night post! Earlier I received a phone call from the MK and now your report. :cloud9: You've made me evening with your live report! Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Sounds like a great 4th of July. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you will love Le Cellier.:thumbsup:

Loved the pictures!!!! You take alot like I do. I really felt like I was there, thanks.

faline
07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
I, too, hope to be like the older couple you observed! It's intergenerational relationships that keep us all young at heart!

Very nice day! Glad you enjoyed Epcot's 4th of July celebration!

starrmomof2
07-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Great report and great pics. I hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to hearing and seeing the details.:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
07-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I have read all of your reports so far and I am really enjoying them. The pictures are great. Thanks for taking the time from your vacation to write them:mickey:

T-Belle
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
The pictures are great! I loved them all. Especially the rainbow. You were able to catch that "Florida feel" with the dark clouds. I could almost smell the rain. That sounds silly, doesn't it?
Were you and your family able to get your favorite corner room? See, I remember from last years report.
Looking forward to the next one.

Sunshine1010
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Love the pics.....it's like I literally went and saw all the things you did ---- step by step of your trip.

THANKS

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I love your reports.....sounds like you had a great time. I love ToT!!

Can't wait to here about Le Cellier. It is such good food. They have the best beef ever!

tomorrowschild
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a productive few hours. You were lucky to get into Cape May, looked yummy, as always. Can't wait to hear about your day. Chloe says "hi".:mickey:

TiggeRia
07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a great day--thanks so much for sharing! Someday I'd like to be in WDW for the 4th of July, sounds like it was a blast! Thanks for sharing your pics, as well! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
You Canadians ceratainly know how to celebrate the 4th!;)

Christine
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Brett, what a lovely report! Thank you for all your kind words about our country! How nice!

And I LOVE the pictures! As someone else said, it is like being there step by step with you guys.

The couple and teens that you encountered at Epcot really touched me.

Thanks for all the pictures of the shops! I know it sounds crazy, but the shop displays at WDW are something I REALLY enjoy! :crazy:
You helped me get a quick fix!

Lizzie
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the great report.

January-2007
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

What an amazing day. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

DisneyMomx2
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Fabulous report!! Fabulous Pictures!! Keep em coming!! :)

iheartmickey
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I have been looking forword to reading your report from last night all day! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time.

Thank you for sharing both the report and the pictures. :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Brett, thanks for the Disney "live" fix. Always a pleasure reading your report and checking out your photos.

trapper
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
ok I will be there in Aug and this was the perfect begininng to my vacation! I loved the pics especially of the Boardwalk we went last year but I don't know if we will make it this year and all your pics brought back great memories thank you!! Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Fantastic pictures, thanks! Great report, too, what a busy first day. Your niece is beautiful (saw her on your blog).

Bethis26fan
07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
sounds like a very nice, busy, and late first day in the parks!! cant wait to read all about the rest of your days in disney!! :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
07-11-2007, 01:54 PM
We were watching that same rainbow from an empty MCO waiting to leave...

Chloe is beautiful by the way!