PDA

View Full Version : problems with disneyworld site

kimommy63
07-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey,
For the last couple of days I have been logging onto the disney site so I could check rates and availability for a possible trip in February. But every time I go to put in the dates (feb 1-10 of 2008) along with the other basic info (how many adults, how many children, what are the childrens ages...) and hit enter, I get the message that I need to enter a date at least three days from current date. What? I tried it numerous times entering different dates in 2008, but when I click enter it says the same thing. Anyone else out there having this problem? What the heck? I've booked 3 vacations in the last two years on this site and all of a sudden I don't know how? Maybe I hit my head or something. :bang: Going nuts here. Anyone? Anyone?

happycamper83
07-04-2007, 11:08 PM
It's been doing the same thing for me too.... I've tried a few times over the past couple weeks. VERY frustrating.

jennsky
07-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Same thing...how do you contact "tech support" for the site? I wonder if they have any clue... It's very annoying because you have so many things to fill in and then you have to re-fill it all in again to try a second time. AHH!

kimommy63
07-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi!
Well, at least I know it's not just me having a brain cramp or something. There is a real problem. I don't know about tech support, but I think if I can't get through it tomorrow, I'll call them direct and see what's up. I'll get my quote somehow! If I don't strike while the iron is hot, my husband might change his mind and decide we can't afford the trip:( and I really need a fix! :mickey:

BronxTigger
07-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I think there site has been having glitches the past few days. Call the reservations phone number.

I do know that they are making changes in their pricing structure for 2008; it may be part of the reason why it is not giving you price information for the dates you want.

TammiMcMan
07-04-2007, 11:38 PM
From my stint as an IT person years ago, my guess is that they are in the process of making updates and just haven't finished it completely yet. The date selections were made "live", but the 2008 rates may not have been loaded in yet. I think anyone with even a general knowledge of computers is completely stunned by anything that's done on the Disney website. Something that could be so good, is just terrible.

Ryot
07-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I've been getting this same error for the past month or so, for any trips with 2008 check-in dates, but if you put in a check-in date of December 2007, and a check-out date in 2008, it seems to go through just fine. My guess is that they're just not accepting 2008 check-ins yet, but hopefully that'll change soon, since tomorrow is 180 days until January 1, 2008.

~Ryot

comicguy
07-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Disney's web site is a pet peeve of mine:confused:. For as large as Disney is and the type of company they are(media) I would think that they would have a top rate web site. Their site seems to have glitches often, not to mention the overall slowness of the site. It is almost like they don't have the server capacity to handle it???

This is really the one area of Disney that I can actually complain about and it seems to fall on deaf ears. I have e-mailed them and got back a thank you for your input e-mail. I have tried many computers with better connections because I thought it was my computer, nope all act the same?????

Okay rant over, I promise to behave the rest of the day:mickey:

playdead88
07-05-2007, 06:20 AM
i think its because the 2008 rates and packages have not been released yet. it did the same thing to me last year up until the 2008 info was available - hopefully those rates will be out there soon - the wait is killing me!!!!!

Mom2princesses
07-05-2007, 07:03 AM
I have had issues with the site trying to enter 2007 dates. I am trying to see how much the August-Sept rates are with the new promotion.

I get to a certain point and I actually see the rate but then I hit continue and I end up back at the page that asks you to enter the dates.

I would agree with the poster who said they are updating it but they have not yet completed.

This is very frustrating and being in the IT world for a major corporation we would never be allowed to have a site up and not have it fully functional. I am really surprised.

gardenia
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Yup, they have a LOT of bugs. I make a mental note of irritating bugs and badly designed features, and when the "site survey" box pops up to ask me what I think, I give them the details. I think they even fixed a few of the things I complained about. You can also use "contact us" to send them specifics about a problem.