PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink - Ice Cream

scottgr
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I was talking with the family today and the topic of Breaches and Cream and the huge kicthen sink came up. Has anyone ever had it ? How many scoops of ice cream are there ? How big is it ? Thanks to all that reply. :mickey:

FortheloveofStitch
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
It's funny you should ask since we were just there last night. There were 6 adults and 3 children and between all of us we ate pretty much all of 2 of the Kitchen Sinks. I asked the waitress and she said there are 8 scoops of ice cream. We have 2 five year olds and a 7 year old in our group so as a special treat we ate a late lunch and the ice cream was our dinner. There is just about everything you can imagine in this and it was wonderful. I think 1 would have been enough if we had all had dinner and this was dessert. If you have the Disney Dining Experience Card you an get 20% off. We all really enjoyed it.:mickey:

lovenmickey
07-05-2007, 07:25 AM
does it count as a snack credit?????

playdead88
07-05-2007, 07:40 AM
its a lot of icecream! and its really cool when they bring it out to the table - last year we had a hidden mickey contest with the kids and the winner got a kitchen sink :mickey:

Carol
07-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Since it costs $21.99 - it is not a snack credit.

From our menu section;

Kitchen Sink
Scoops of Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry,
Coffee and Mint Chocolate Chip,
Smothered in every topping we have.
“You’ve gotta see it to believe it.” - $21.99

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I can't wait to try one of these, but can you make substitutions for they kind of ice cream or the toppings?

SurferStitch
07-05-2007, 09:31 AM
DH and I have said that we have to try one of them this year, and since we'll have the DDE card, we'll save 20%.

We saw Samantha Brown get one on a show about the Yacht and Beach Clubs on the Travel Channel, and ever since we've been dying to try it.

ibrowse17
07-05-2007, 11:25 AM
We saw Samantha Brown eating this as well. DW and I will give it a try on 19 Dec:thumbsup:

ImagiAsh
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
On the Travel Channel website, Samantha Brown has a section where she does an open forum every few months or so. People can post their questions and such. I said this to her back in 2003:
Ashley:"I also ordered the kitchen sink- it 'looked' great, but with all those flavors in one spoonful....*moving right along*..."

Samantha Brown:"I'm a total junk food junkie but even I found it a bit sickening with all those flavors."

It tasted great at first when you could pick at the section that you wanted, but when all of the flavors start melting together, :ack: .

TinkiTime1989
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
We tried the Kitchen Sink for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It was surprisingly good. Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Coffee flavored ice cream. If I remember right it was topped with the following:

1. whipped cream (and lots of it)
2. cherries
3. strawberries
4. two or three kinds of cake
5. oreos
6. sprinkles
7. various candies
8. candy bars
9. pineapple
10. caramel
11. chocolate
12. brownies

I think that was everything lol. It was really good and with 2 adults and 2 teens we almost finished it. The only bad part was it got kinda soupy towards the end and we didn't really know what we were eating anymore. It still tasted pretty good though. :D

kaylamag
07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
If you go to the travel channel website and click on videos for Orlando. There is a video from Beaches and Cream and it actually shows them making it!

snifflesmcg
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
If you go to the travel channel website and click on videos for Orlando. There is a video from Beaches and Cream and it actually shows them making it!

Thanks!!! :thumbsup: Great tip! They had quite a few videos. Although Samantha Brown drives me nuts, it's still a great video clip.

playdead88
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
my dd has a peanut allergy and there is peanut butter items in there - they were great and replaced the peanut butter parts with chocolate! it was awesome for the first 20 bites or so...then the nausea sets in.....my stomach is starting to hurt just thinking about it now.....we all had icecream hangovers :ill:

Cinderelley
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't like coffee, so they substituted the coffee flavored ice cream for chocolate. :thumbsup:

smickey
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Well....I'm a little embarrassed but when we had the Kitchen Sink, with our two grandchildren 4 & 2, our daughter and son-in-law, we were using the straws to **** the very last bit of flavor of the sauces at the bottom of the sink!!!!

It was great!!!!

LoriMistress
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Well....I'm a little embarrassed but when we had the Kitchen Sink, with our two grandchildren 4 & 2, our daughter and son-in-law, we were using the straws to **** the very last bit of flavor of the sauces at the bottom of the sink!!!!

Either your family had to s*ck the very last bit of the ice cream or this conversation is going to get akward. j/k:D

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I want to get one SO bad on our next trip in January, but I'm waiting till we actually stay at the Beach Club in the next year or two.

But ---- I'm assuming you can get individual bowls if you want to??

Regardless, it would truly be a fun family experience. That would make for GREAT pictures.

berg
07-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Where do you find this delicious desert?

kaylamag
07-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Beaches & Cream