PDA

View Full Version : Timing dinner res at Ohana to see Wishes

kbwatzka
07-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I am hoping that my family will be able to get dinner reservations at Ohana on the night of January 1st. On that date, the Wishes fireworks begin at 8:00 p.m. I would like to eat at the restaurant and then watch the fireworks from the beach. What time would you suggest making the dinner reservation for? 6:30? I'd also welcome any comments from anyone who has had this experience. January 1st will be the first night of our vacation. We plan on taking the monorail around to see the Christmas decorations at each of the MR resorts, having dinner at Ohana, watching the fireworks and heading back to the Wilderness Lodge where we are staying.

MOJoe
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
This is tricky. It depends on how busy the restaurant is when you arrive. I have waited up to 45 minutes to be seated. Others have had longer waits. Of course, you may get seated with only a 5 or 10 minute wait. Then dinner. With so many items to be served, this dinner takes a while. No less than an hour. I have taken nearly 2 from the time i was seated till the check was paid. So, 6:30 may be a little late for a 8:00 beach date. Everything would have to go perfectly. I, personally would rather have plenty of time to enjoy O'hanas, and opt for an earlier time. More like 5:45 to 6:00.

SBETigg
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
MOJoe has good advice. It's true that dinner can take a while there, and it's better to finish eating early and have time to kill than to have to rush and possibly miss the fireworks. The beach is a great place to see them.

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 08:14 PM
We had 8pm ressies and Wishes was at 9pm, we were seated 3 tables away from the window. We were able to see the fireworks just before we had dessert, however a large crowd of people walked up and stood right beside our table between us and the window:mad:!

tinksmom02
07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I made ADR's for 6:35 on an evening when Wishes is 8pm. However, my goal is to watch Wishes from Ohanas, and I'm planning on checking in early, with hopes of a window seat.

If you want to be on the beach for Wishes, I would make ADR's earlier. You can always try to linger over dessert, or explore the Poly some, if you're finished eating with time to spare.

nicole48040
07-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Get your table by the glass wall and watch them right from your table! Spectacular!

MouseManiac
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
We have 8:15 ressies for Ohana. What do you think our best approach for catching Wishes would be? I'm thinkin' with 8:00 Wishes NO ONE will be leaving their table in time for us to be seated at 8:15... Do we show up early and hope to get in early, or check in and head down the beach?

Thanks for your advice!!

sillyolbear
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Listen to MOJoe.

Better to get in early than to be rushed.

ThanxForNoticin
07-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Listen to MOJoe.

Better to get in early than to be rushed.

I agree. Eat earlier and don't rush. Remember, it's probably 5-10 minutes to casually walk from the restaurant to the beach, too. We love watching from the beach - you miss the music, but I like watching across the lake.