PDA

View Full Version : ? abt dining plan

tink179
07-04-2007, 03:23 PM
My family and I will be in the world Jan 13-21. We're planning on trying the dining plan for the first time. My question is this, I want to make ressies for CRT and spirit of aloha. I know these are places that you have to pre-pay for. How does that work w/ the dining plan? Do you still have to pay ahead, and get reimbursed later? My other ? is do I have to wait until exactly July 13 to make my dinner ressies? Or would I be able to call now? Last question when I book do I need to tell them I'm on the dining plan? I'm so impatient...:mickey: I only have my room booked. I don't have the magic your way and dining booked yet, because those rates aren't out yet. I called today and cm told me they wouldn't be out for another 1-2 weeks. Ugh! Sorry it was sooo long!!!

TIA!!!!

kathiep
07-04-2007, 04:12 PM
When your dining plan is already booked, you don't have to pay in advance for CRT reservations. Just let the CM know you are on the dining plan.

wendy*darling
07-04-2007, 06:42 PM
My family and I will be in the world Jan 13-21... do I have to wait until exactly July 13 to make my dinner ressies? Or would I be able to call now?
If your arrival date is Jan 13, then your "180 days out" date to call will be July 17 (not the 13th). 180 days means exactly 180 days.

irish1967
07-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Regarding the pre-pay, this is how it worked last year (and we were on the dining plan...)

When I made the ressies for the princess lunch in Norway, I had to provide a credit card number. I was told by the CM that I had to provide the credit card number, even though we were on the dining plan, but it would ONLY be charged if we were "No Shows." If I remember correctly, the cancellation policy was reasonable, but very specific.

Edited to include: The CM explained to me that even though we were on the dining plan, the TS credits couldn't be charged to the plan until the actual meal, so they couldn't use the credits as a guarentee because they would be useless as a guarantee (does that make sense)

vamaggie
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I believe you can book spirit of aloha more than 180 days out (is it still 2 yrs out?) so I would call for that one now. They will ask if you are on the dining plan when you make ADRs. They will take your cc number when you call (at 7am EDT on July 17th for CRT if I were you!) but you can still use your DDP credits once you get there (I believe they do not charge your card unless you no show and don't cancel with the right amount of notice) Enjoy!

tink179
07-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Thank for everyone's help!!! I really appreciate, and everything is much clearer now! All, I have to do is just wait for the jan pkgs to come out! So excited! :party:

beksy
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Regarding the pre-pay, this is how it worked last year (and we were on the dining plan...)

When I made the ressies for the princess lunch in Norway, I had to provide a credit card number. I was told by the CM that I had to provide the credit card number, even though we were on the dining plan, but it would ONLY be charged if we were "No Shows." If I remember correctly, the cancellation policy was reasonable, but very specific.

Edited to include: The CM explained to me that even though we were on the dining plan, the TS credits couldn't be charged to the plan until the actual meal, so they couldn't use the credits as a guarentee because they would be useless as a guarantee (does that make sense)

I made ADR's for CRT for October and when I called this was exactly the way it worked. They took my number but I was never charged (checked the statement just to make sure!). As long as you're on the DDP, they won't charge the card unless you tell them too or don't follow the cancellation policy. Have a great trip! :party: