PDA

View Full Version : Getting to a Cape May Breakfast

mouseketeermom
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
For our trip this month, we are going to go to the Cape May Character breakfast for the first time. I am wondering what is the best & quickest way to get to it? We will be staying at the POP and need to get to the Beach Club for a 9:00 ADR.

Should we get a bus to MK and transfer there or try to go to EPCOT and walk back to the International Bridge entrance (I know that is a long way to go). :confused:

Any suggestions appreciated!

moe513
07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I would take a bus to epcot If there running then and walk thru fw. Also, you can take a cab for about 12 dollars. We do that often if were going to other resorts.

January-2007
07-04-2007, 03:40 PM
From Pop Century I would take a bus to MGM and then take the boat to the Beach Club.

wendy*darling
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
From Pop Century I would take a bus to MGM and then take the boat to the Beach Club.

:ditto::exactly:
That is by far the easiest option.

KCMom
07-04-2007, 04:39 PM
We stayed at Pop in Feb and also had a breakfast at Cape May. We opted for a taxi. It was very easy and saved us a ton of time. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but the above post for $12 sounds about right. Enjoy your breakfast. We loved it.

mouseketeermom
07-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. Hadn't thought about going to MGM first.

We're looking forward to going to this character meal.

moe513
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Just keep in mind if you go to mgm you have to wait for 2 kinds of transportation. A bus to mgm and then the boat to epcot. I always think the boats travels slow.It will stop at swan/dolphin before yc/bc.

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
How is the food and the character experience?

I would also suggest the cab idea. Then you don't have to worry about waiting for the bus, waiting for the boat and chance being late. Sounds like $12 is worth the peace of mind.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Last year we had to get from Port Orleans Riverside to Cape May for the breakfast. We did the bus to MGM and the boat as others have suggested. The boat is nice if you have time. We got to see Boardwalk and other areas we had not seen yet.

However, if I had ADR's for 9:00, I would not likely have an extra HOUR to spend getting there. I would opt for the cab if I were you.

mouseketeermom
07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
How is the food and the character experience?

Not sure since this will be my first experience there. I have read positive reviews though so I'm hoping that it is worth the trip

Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions!:thumbsup:

Only 14 days until we are at WDW!!!!! :joy::joy::clappy::clappy:

moe513
07-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Great food and the characters come around often. Its minnie,goofy and chip or dale. They wear beach attire.

playdead88
07-05-2007, 08:05 PM
the breakfast is great at cape may! we really enjoyed it last april - i also agree that the boat ride from mgm to the beach club is s-l-o-w

what about the character breakfast buses? last year we rode the character bfast bus to mk from the beach club for cindy's bfast - that bus took people to chef mickey's which is at a resort - i would check on that you may be able to get a direct bus to the beach club - its worth checking into if it means cutting back on travel time :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
07-08-2007, 10:48 AM
We stayed at POR last Sept. and had our own car so we drove to Beach club. I am always confused by the driving signs inside the world to get to other resorts and we got a little turned around but made it there OK. We waited for a little while to be seated but they had Disney cartoons playing in the Lobby so my daughter was occupied. Once we were seated we went right to the buffet. It was a wonderful traditional breakfast with bacon,waffles and a great fresh fruit selection. We enjoyed the characters too. Very friendly and wrote on the table to ask were we were from. We got some great pictures there. We are staying at WL this year and have opted for CM's for a breakfast and a dinner for convenience but we did enjoy Cape May. Enjoy!

mouseketeermom
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks again for the suggestions.
As I read this board I find there are so many knowledgeable people who have tried out many different things.

Makes it easy to plan and get the most out of your stay.

Ten days and counting.....:woohoo: :joy::joy: