PDA

View Full Version : Which breakfast to delete?

mickey-mouse35
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
OK, after reading the posts about Kona Cafe's breakfast and mac nut pancakes, I want to go there for sure!!! Therefore, I must give up one of my other breakfasts that I have ADRs for. Which of the following three would you give up for Kona Cafe and why?
* Boma
* Chef Mickey's
* Crystal Palace

A little background--DH loves made to order things, like omelettes and waffles. My fav is biscuits and gravy and hashbrowns. Characters are not a big deal for us, as we have no children. We are going for the food first and atmosphere second. I'm inclined to give up Boma since we're also going there for dinner on our trip, but then I also think, "do we really need two character meals?"--what do y'all think? :mickey: THANKS!

ibrowse17
07-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I think you already have your answer. I would drop Boma's if you already have dinner ADR's there. What ever you decide, have a great trip:thumbsup:

moe513
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Ive never been to any of them for breakfast but I have heard great things about cp. Bomas is kind of out of the way,do you have your own car? We didnt like chef mickeys too much when we went for dinner. It was too loud and the food wasnt that great. I thought those panckes sounded wonderful too. I have us booked for lilo and stitch breakfast and I was thinking about somehow getting some of those pancakes to eat. I cant cancel because of the kids.

mickey-mouse35
07-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Bomas is kind of out of the way,do you have your own car?

We do have our own car, so getting to the resorts in no biggie.

GrmGrninGost
07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I would give up Boma. The other two are my favorites at WDW as far as breakfast!:mickey:

LoriMistress
07-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I've heard terrible things about Chef Mickey's. Personally, I love the Crystal Palace.

dtootsie42
07-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I would give up boma since you are going to go there for dinner. We enjoy both crytal and chef mickeys. Have never had a bad experience at either.

SBETigg
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I would skip Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's and keep Boma. My advice would be to look up the menus of all three at Intercot's Info Central section, Dining, to see which one offers more of what you would like.

mouseketeer mom
07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
I would NOT give up Chef Mickey's. To me, thats a classic Disney character breakfast experience. Lots of variety, lots of fun. Also, Crystal palace is such a pretty pretty place to start your day, with all of the excitement of the Magic Kingdom in the backround! The food is very, very good at the Crystal Palace also, (for dinner and breakfast!) Since you're having dinner at Boma's, thats the one I'd give up.

KAT1811
07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
We didn't care for the dinner we had at Chef Mickey's and won't be back any time soon. On the other hand we love Crystal palace breakfast and they have wonderful made to order omlets and other fabulous breakfast items, such as the breakfast lasagna. I've also heard wonderful things on here about Boma's so I would also keep that one. I tend to prefer restaurants with "different" items on the menu. Not too exotic, but I could pass on the usual scrambled eggs and bacon.

JPL
07-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I would give up Crystal Palace and in no way shape would ever drop Boma it's the best Breakfast Buffet in all of WDW :tasty:

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 09:44 AM
:cloud9:I have to agree with JPL!!

irish1967
07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I didn't vote because I haven't been to any of the breakfasts except for Chef Mickeys.

I enjoy Chef Mickey's but I enjoy the whole experience - the location (I love the concourse at the CR), the atmosphere, the characters and, oh yeah, the food is decent.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the ENTIRE experience makes Chef Mickey's cost-worthy for us. However, since food is your priority, I think you would do better to go to a restaraunt in which the primary focus is food.

moe513
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM
mickey-mouse 35, when are you going. Id love a pancake review when you get back.

mickey-mouse35
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
mickey-mouse 35, when are you going. Id love a pancake review when you get back.

end of October/first part of November--and yeah, I'm already planning my menus at each restaurant--it's called obsessive compulsion. But y'all understand! :D

I looked at the menus, and Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace look pretty similar, so I'm leaning toward giving up one of those...

Mom2princesses
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
end of
I looked at the menus, and Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace look pretty similar, so I'm leaning toward giving up one of those...

I agree I would give up one of these two. Boma is a bit more unique so I would keep that one. Enjoy those pancakes! Good luck deciding. Both are good places.

tinksmom02
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I voted for you to drop CM's as soon as you said character interaction wasn't a big deal. I must say, though, that I haven't been to any of these buffets for breakfast LOL But from what I've read, CM can get kind of crazy (it was for dinner!). CP is right inside MK, and I've heard great things about Boma. Plus, you'll probably get 2 completely different experiences, dining there both at breakfast and dinner.

Anyway, that's my :twocents:

hope23
07-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I would definitely keep Boma! We loved it... it's a great combo of traditional (including made to order omelets) and unique African-flair selections. There was a fantastic sausage and biscuit casserole that I still crave!! You can have typical breakfast foods all over... but this is unique!

Mickey91
07-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Get rid of Boma! Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace are too much fun!!!!!!:mickey:

mainemajor
07-07-2007, 10:57 AM
One of my favorite Breakfast spots is Crystal Palace. Great interaction with Tigger and his pals. :tigger: We'll be there in August

Cinderelley
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
My initial thought was to give up Boma's, but after I read your post, I voted for Chef Mickey's. CP and CM are both character meals, but if you get an early ADR at CP, you can get into MK early for a great walk down Main Street. I've had great experiences at CP every trip we've been on.

Nicki'sMom
07-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I am not going to tell you what to drop but what to keep...Crystal Palace. Great buffet. Maybe you can keep all of them and pay out of pocket for Kona,assuming you have the dining plan. I don't think you can go wrong anyhow. Happy eating:thumbsup:

McGoofy
07-07-2007, 04:43 PM
My intial thought was drop Boma's since you have dinner reservations, but after thinking about it, breakfast is completely different than dinner. I've only eaten dinner at Boma's so I cannot speak for the breakfast.

Chef Mickey's is really good. My son loves it, and there is a wide selection of food--everything from Krispy Kreme doughnuts to made from scratch Disney dishes. They even have the biscuits and gravy that you mentioned. However, they do not have made to order items. I think Crystal Palace is a little better than Chef Mickey's and they do have the made to order items. However, may I throw a monkey wrench into your already complicated decision? 1900 Park Fare is another character breakfast. That was the best made to order omlette I have had at any Disney breakfast! They have a huge selection of hot and cold foods, fruits, and pastries. They have everything you said you were looking for...made to order items, biscuits and gravy, atmosphere, etc...I think that is possibly my favorite breakfast.

As for Kona Cafe...excellent decision! I really enjoyed that breakfast too. In fact, DH and I just made tonga toast this morning for breakfast!

Enjoy whatever you decide. I will be there the same week as you!:mickey:

lilmick
07-07-2007, 04:48 PM
It's awesome to hear the GREAT things about Boma's breakfast! We have reservations there on the 14th and I was worried it wasn't going to be too good :blush: Yet another Disney meal to be EXCITED about!!!:mickey:

Queen Stephanie
07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Boma's gotta go...Chef Mickey is the best and Crystal Palace is second! :thumbsup:

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I would keep Boma's because of the unique flavors you'll experience there. I realize you're going for dinner but I think breakfast there will be a new experience as well.
I'd give up one of the character meals but you're going to have to decide which one ;) I figure it this way, CP and Chef Mickey's will probably have a similar menu. Cereals, fruits, eggs, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles and french toast. Normal American fare. I haven't been to either in a while so I'm guessing about what exactly is on the menu.
Which characters do you like better? Pooh and the gang or Micky and the gang? And the noise factor is a valid point. Chef Mickey's is a high energy restaurant while CP is more quiet and laid back.
Good luck with your decision. Please let us know what you decide.

mickey-mouse35
07-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the posts!!! So many valid opinions with lots of good advice. Despite the fact that I am a Mickey lover, we've decided to stick with CP and Bomas for breakfast and add on Kona Cafe, so bye, bye Chef Mickey's. The menus were just too similar at CM and CP, and I want to keep our early ADR at CP to get into the park before it opens for pictures (have 8:15 with 9 am opening). Plus, I'm afraid Chef Mickey's will be just too loud (which is why we didn't enjoy 1900 Park Fare before--noise and just so-so food). I'll be sure to post dining reviews after we return in November. Thanks again, everyone! :mickey: