PDA

View Full Version : Setting spending limit on WDW resort cards?

robyn221
07-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Happy 4th y'all!:flag:

We've scheduled a trip to WDW for my dd's birthday in September. Can I set a certain spending limit on my kids' resort IDs?

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

Strmchsr
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Kids' cards can't be used for making purchases. Only adults so that won't be a problem for you. However, as adults, yes, last I remember you can set a limit on the cards.

CleveRocks
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Kids' cards can't be used for making purchases. Only adults so that won't be a problem for you. However, as adults, yes, last I remember you can set a limit on the cards.You might be referring to a "child" ticket, but what if the OP's children are 13 and 10??? They absolutely can have charging privileges set up for any card.

However, you can only have one room charge per room, so you can't set limits by individual card. An individual card either has room charging privileges or it doesn't have room charging privileges.

The upper limits for setting up a room charge are: $500 for Value resorts; $1K for Moderate resorts; $1.5K for Deluxe resorts. You can choose to set up a room charge for any amount up to and including that maximum ... in other words, if you're staying at a Moderate resort, you can set up a room charge with a $752.01 limit if you want, rather than the full $1,000.

But you can't earmark one of the cards to have a sub-limit. Every card that has charging privileges can charge up to the full limit.

In your case, Robyn, a good option might be the Disney gift card, which you can load with as much as or little money as you want, and is accepted everywhere a room charge is accepted.

Strmchsr
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
You might be referring to a "child" ticket, but what if the OP's children are 13 and 10???

Yep, I thought about that after I posted and was coming back to edit when I saw you already pointed out what I meant. I just took "kids" to mean a child's ticket, but, as you said, older children would have the charging ability.

I agree that the gift card would be a good idea.

robyn221
07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I thought I remembered the CM asking if I wanted to allow charging privileges on my kids' resort IDs on our last trip. But that was about 4 years ago and I've slept since then so I may not be remembering it correctly. I think I will take your suggestion re: the gift card.

Again, thanks for your help!

Robyn:mickey: