PDA

View Full Version : Price Increase at CRT!!!

LoriMistress
07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Holiday Pricing for Cinderella's Royal Table
Want to dine with the Princesses in the Castle over the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday? You're going to have to pay a bit more for the experience. Special holiday pricing for the castle meals will be in effect November 18 through 24 and December 16 through January 5. The holiday pricing is as follows:

Breakfast: $36.99/adult and $24.99/child
Lunch: $39.99/adult and $25.99/child
Dinner: $44.99/adult and $27.99/child

Additionally, beginning November 11 there will be a general price increase in CRT dining. New prices are as follows:

Breakfast: $32.99/adult and $22.99/child
Lunch: $35.99/adult and $23.99/child
Dinner: $40.99/adult and $25.99/child

This info. was from Disney directly.

GreenBeetle
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I may be part of a small minority for saying this but I just don't see what all the hype is about eating with Cinderella in the castle - especially at those prices! Sure, we did the breakfast once and it was nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it again! :(

LoriMistress
07-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, DH and I are eating there on our up coming trip. We've always wanted to eat at CRT so we decided since we're going "all out" on this trip, we might as well squeeze in CRT.

jillluvsdisney
07-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I also agree that it's over priced and has poor quality food. :ack:That being said, if you are a parent, how do you deny your "princess" the chance to eat in the castle? Disney knows this, of course. Everytime I read about a post on here about the stress people feel trying to get a ADR there or the elation they feel at getting one, I just shake my head. To each his own. That's why they sell 31 flavors I suppose.

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I will start by saying that - yes - I believe it is over priced..such is life when it comes to supply and demand.
But...the breakfast I had there last year was delicious...the characters spent alot of time with Becky, making her feel very special. The photo session was a lovely experience for Becky - Cinderella was very sweet with her (Becky didn't look her best, but that was her fault for making faces). All in all, I left full, having had a tasty meal and happy that my daughter had such a magical time (still over priced though). I am going back next week and will do so every time I visit Disney until she starts to think it's corny.
Lauren

LoriMistress
07-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I wasn't trying to start a debate over pricing at CRT. Yes, paying over $30 per person for breakfast is over priced. I will agree. But there is a high demand (expecially during certain holidays--oh and around Easter there will be an increase for CRT as well), for every parent fulfilling their little girls' dreams of eating with the princesses. A lot of parents make the mistake of promsing their kid that they'll eat there and 99 percent of the time is completely booked by the time they make the ressie. You are paying for the scenery and you're paying for the character interaction.

Carol
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
This was reported awhile ago in the News forum and our menu pages already reflect the change.

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106286

I may be part of a small minority for saying this but I just don't see what all the hype is about eating with Cinderella in the castle - especially at those prices! Actually it was a nice place for lunch and dinner before they went to a fixed menu and characters. The food was very good. We no longer dine there.

Tinkerfreak
07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
We have done this on every trip and have liked it. The magic of it all has sort of dulled a bit for us because we have done it so much. This year I was so relieved and proud when my sweet DD's said "Mommy lets skip CRT this year because we have done it lots of times and then somebody else will get a chance to try it".