PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys and Romm Requests

rjmdds
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Will Magical Journeys assist with room requests if you use them for booking your trip?

playdead88
07-03-2007, 06:36 PM
thats a good question - im using mj for the 1st time this year - the past three years i have booked directly through disney travel - also what about airfare? should i buy air tix from a travel site or will mj book the air tix?

Tink1
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
We can add any rooom requests or comments onto your reservation that you would like.

We do not do air. It is impossible for us to follow air for 100's of airports on 100's of travel dates for the best deals. The airlines (in their infinite wisdom) decided to no longer pay us for our work. We would have to charge for our time, as most agencies do that book air.

Plus, it is much cheaper to book air on the airlines websites. It is how we do our own!

Nanc

playdead88
07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
wow - thanks for the info - i cant wait to book!!! 291 days to go :thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
07-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Just a plug for MJ and I'm sure you'll get plenty more...don't hesitate to use them. They are flat out awesome.:number1:

Crow
07-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Just a plug for MJ and I'm sure you'll get plenty more...don't hesitate to use them. They are flat out awesome.:number1:

yep
ive never requested a special room thru them though

CleveRocks
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Will Magical Journeys assist with room requests if you use them for booking your trip?I'll answer with some general information, as I certainly can't speak for MJ.

When you book travel through a travel agent, that travel agent "owns" your reservation. Because you do not "own" the reservation, you are technically not permitted to call the travel seller (in this case, Disney) to make any changes or requests on that reservation. Technically, you have no more right to make a request on that reservation than I do! This is, again, because you don't own the reservation, the travel agent does.

Therefore, the ONLY way to make room requests would be through your travel agent. There have been plenty of times when people who booked through travel agents were able make requests directly through Disney, but in each case the Cast Member who allowed that modification was actually breaking the rules, and you can't bank on that happening.

When you use a travel agent, you exchange their great services for a loss of direct control. Personally, I always find it advantageous to use a travel agent rather than going it alone. Even if I know exactly what I want and don't need to rely on the travel agent's advice or knowledge, I like having an ally, an advocate is case something goes wrong.