PDA

View Full Version : Look at these Dining options??

ToDisney
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
We are looking at the DDP for Dec.
Comparing the menu's;
What is your opinions on...
Le Cellier v/s Coral Reef for dinner?

What do you think of the buffet at Hollywood & Vine?

We will only be there 4 days 3 nights
so we get 3 table service meals right?

So far we've been thinking of the ones mentioned previously and Crystal Palace for Breakfast. Another option if we didn't do Hollywood & Vine was to go to DTD to Planet Hollywood. We haven't been to any of these before. Except Le Cellier for lunch (on a budget). To me there's a big differece than that and the DDP.;)

GreenBeetle
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
If you can get an ADR, I recommend LeCellier over Coral Reef. I just wasn't impressed with the menu at Coral Reef. I'm not even a meat eater and I really loved LeCellier. It's a tough ADR to get though.

We've also done Hollywood & Vine several times and love the buffet there. It's huge, so no one can walk away hungry.

Strmchsr
07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I would also recommend Le Cellier over Coral Reef, but Coral Reef isn't bad and Le Cellier is a notoriously hard ADR to get, especially since you're already under 180 days for any day in December and haven't made the ADR yet. Usually the only way folks get a Le Cellier ADR is to wake up and be one the phone when Disney Dining opens on their day 180.

You are correct about the 3 TS credits since you're staying 3 nights.

I would stay away from Planet Hollywood. The atmosphere is fun, but the food is mediocre, and definitely does not have that "Disney magic."

The Hollywood and Vine character breakfast with Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath is great if you have little ones. The Crystal Palace with Tigger and Pooh is a little more "adult friendly" if you don't have kids along.

If you want to do CP for breakfast I would recommend paying OOP and using your DDP credit for an evening or lunch ADR. The CP breakfast just isn't as good a deal for a TS credit.

GrmGrninGost
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
LeCellier vs. Coral Reef? Toss up! Both have excellent food. I like the aquarium view at Coral Reef however.
Hollywood & Vine is hit or miss IMO. We loved it the second time, the first time was not so good.
The Crystal Palace is great! Wonderful food and character interaction!
We have not tried Planet Hollywood.
And yes, you will get 3 TS credits.
Have fun!!:mickey:

Cinderelley
07-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Haven't tried Le Cellier or Coral Reef. We enjoyed the Hollywood & Vine buffet. All 15 of us were able to find food that we liked. But if you're doing the FDP, I would recommend Mama Melrose. We loved breakfast at Crystal Palace.

ToDisney
07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
We won't be on the free DP. We will be there in Dec. But Thanks for the help.
What do you think of Wolfgang Puck Café at DTD? Strmchsr did sound to thrilled with Planet Hollywood (although the menu looked good)
:mickey:

bkfree
07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Definitly Lacellier over Coral Reef
Crystal Palace is also great.An 8 am breakfast seating before the park opens is magical.
Wolfgang Puck also great.
For a one of a kind experience, Sci Fi cannot be duplicted anywhere.
We also love Spoodles on the Boardwalk.

Also don't forget the great counter service places at World Showcase in Epcot.
Japan,China, Morrocco,Mexico and France are some of the best in WDW and very inexpensive.Sometimes we do our own version of progressive dining here.We get one entree, share it then go to another country and share another. Kinda a new tradition for us.

I also second skipping Hollywood and Vine.
If you have kids, Chef Mickey's is not to be missed. We usually eat there at around 10am for brunch and we are filled up until dinner.
Even without kids, a great fun place and great food.

ToDisney
07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone for helping out!!
I finished booking our vacation and made ADRs for Le Cellier, 'Ohana (for dinner) and Crystal Palace for a Character Breakfast!!
I was really please with all the times for everything too!

The lady on the phone talked really highly of the MVMCP but thats another $175 for the 4 of us, and its only on a tues while we are there. (the day we are planning to go to EPCOT) I think our plate is filled on this trip!;)

THANKS AGAIN!!:mickey:

152 days and dreaming of DOLE WHIPS!:cloud9:

January-2007
07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
That's great that you got times you like for restaurants you were interested in. We're trying all of those in September! I hope you all have a fantastic vacation! Happy planning. :mickey:

lightyearfan
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
i would agree with the other posts, definetly goto Le Celluir over the Coral Reef, and instead of Planet Hollywood you might want to try Ohana's, for me and dw Ohana's was the BEST!! the food and service is top notch even when using the DDP

VIctor

SBETigg
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone for helping out!!
I finished booking our vacation and made ADRs for Le Cellier, 'Ohana (for dinner) and Crystal Palace for a Character Breakfast!!
I was really please with all the times for everything too!

THANKS AGAIN!!:mickey:

152 days and dreaming of DOLE WHIPS!:cloud9:

I think you made great choices, and I hope you have an excellent vacation.