PDA

View Full Version : February or October?

ncrohrs
07-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi, new to this. Planning a 2008 trip and have heard from my sister, a florida resident, that these two months are least crowded.

We would still like to enjoy pools,etc so I am wondering about the weather in February and overall crowds for both months.

Keep in mind we are Ohioans so 65-70 degrees is easily swimming weather!

I am leaning toward Feb because I am so anxious to go :mickey:

Thanks for your time.

disneycouple2004
07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Not sure about Feb...however October is wonderful !!..out by the pool and water parks everyday...not to hot..just right..crowds were very low until the weekend, and even then its was not bad at all :thumbsup:

according the the weather outlook for Feb. it can get pretty cool somedays..average day temp is showing 65-70..

either way its Disneyworld have fun !!

Strmchsr
07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Both times are good. February is quite uncrowded before President's Day. After that spring break crowds begin to raise things a little.

October is still a good time, especially with the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Food and Wine Festival going on, but it has become a good bit more crowded in the last 4-5 years due to many southern schools now having a fall break. So, I would not consider October "low" crowds, but moderate. I believe the lowest attendance month (though all months are becoming more crowded) would be January, with September being second (though that is also changing with the free dining promotion of the last 3 years).

Darbylew
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
First let me welcome you to Intercot!
:rocks::welcome:
I would choose October. The decorations for
fall are so pretty. There is MNSSHP in the MK.
It is a great party and worth the extra ticket.
It is not crowded but if you choose Feb. then
do it before President's day. That weekend is
very crowded. I know whatever you choose you
will have a wonderful time in the land of the
MOUSE. :mickey:

markyv
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
If you are choosing on weather alone, I say Feb. based on my experience. I have been to WDW both in October and February. If you are choosing on events, then I would say October. MNSSHP is awesome. I think it is even better than the Xmas Party. For swimming, both times will work. We swam in Feb. on our last trip and it was perfect. When we went in October it was still a little hotter than I wanted it to be. I believe it was in the mid to upper 80's each day we were there. In Feb. our hottest day was 77, but on the other hand we also experienced a high of only 62. If you do decide on Feb., make sure you pack for cooler weather.

snifflesmcg
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I'd go in February. Weather is a bit cooler (great for the parks) and Disney heats their pools. That makes for great swimming.

faline
07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

If you choose February, I'd go as early in the month as possible. The crowds begin to pick up in the week leading into Presidents' Day Weekend. Presidents Day week is very, very crowded.

February weather can be variable. You might get nice weather where you can swim. You might get very cool weather or you might get some combination of the two. On our last February trip, the pictures are really funny. One day we have shorts on. The next we're in jeans and sweatshirts. The day after that we're back in shorts...and so it went!

October is generally much milder. Days are usually fine for swimming though evenings might require a sweatshirt. Crowds in October are moderate - not unmanageable, but certainly not mobs.

For lowest crowds, I'd pick January or very early September.

Pocahontas
07-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I'd pick October. The chances of enjoying the water parks in February are questionable. The weather can still be quite cool and even though the pools are heated, the air can give you a chill. My children have a mid-winter break at the end of Feb., so that's when we go to Disney. If we didn't have school to worry about, we would go in Sept. or October.

GrmGrninGost
07-04-2007, 07:42 AM
October is my favorite month to visit WDW!:mickey:The weather is usually awesome! February can be much colder! Also, the Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party is going on in Oct. and it is AWESOME!!:mpumpkin::bat::blackcat: The crowds would depend on the week you went. As long as you avoid President's Day week in Feb., I don't think you would have more than moderate crowds in either month! Either way, ENJOY!!

Donald
07-04-2007, 09:32 AM
February for the Pirate and Princess Party!

sillyolbear
07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Welcome!

We've been both February and October and find that either are great times to visit. The Food and Wine Festival and Halloween parties make October festive. The Pirates and Princesses party was one of our favorites because of the low crowds.

We did hit a chilly period in February (sweatshirts and light jackets), but people were still using the pools. October's weather has seemed to be more consistent.

Either one you choose, you will have a great time!

January-2007
07-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I would choose October because of the weather. It was so beautiful when we went last year, so much more so than in the end of January which is almost February...