PDA

View Full Version : WL or POFQ

wendybird
07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Planning on a trip with 4 years old DS (his first time). DH and I have been many times. Have stayed at the All Star Sports, POR, & CB. Really want to try POFQ, but wonder if the extra space and a deluxe is better w/ a little one?

pogo
07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
We've never stayed at WL.... but I can tell you that POFQ is by far our favorite resort at WDW. :D

mttafire
07-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Here is my opinion. We have stayed at both. We LOVE with a passion W.L. POFQ is also a GREAT resort..Our fav. Mod. If you can AFFORD it, I would always pick W.L. over POFQ. However, We can only afford a deluxe every few visits so POFQ is our choice 75% of the time. You CANT go wrong with either one. Do the math. If you got the cash...Do W.L.!:mickey::thumbsup:

pox24
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
No contest...WL It's one of the best themed hotels I'ver ever seen. Great pool, food, Transportation is easy to MK. Water sports and great adult dining too.. Artist's Point:thumbsup:

moe513
07-03-2007, 04:20 PM
With a 4 yo you cant beat the location of wl. You are most likely going to be going to mk alot.

GrmGrninGost
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Wilderness Lodge is my favorite WDW resort! It is just awesome!!:mickey:POFQ is nice, but if you can afford it, I would definitely do WL!!:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
If it were my decision, I would definitely pick POFQ. The size of the rooms at WL are not much different than those at POFQ. They are not nearly as big as some of the othere deluxes. Also, for me anyway, with a 4 year old, (whcih I do have one)I'd rather stay at a smaller resort like POFQ where the food court, bus transportatio, and swimming pool are all in close proximity no matter where your room is. I have stayed at both resorts and in general much prefer POFQ to WL.

Tinkerbellfan
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Hello-

In my opinion, WL is a top-notch resort and and, would be wonderful for a 4 years old. Our 3 year old nephew visited us during our last trip and he was in awe. Rabbits and duckies are running around the pool area, the geyser goes off every hour, the eletrical parade goes by every night, you can rent a bike and ride over to the petting zoo at Ft. Wilderness, it a short boat ride away from MK and the lobby is wonderful. IN addition to a food court, it also has a great kid friendly restaurant at Wispering Canyon and it even has a wonderful adult sit-down restaurant in Artist Point.

Lacy
07-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I personally would go with POFQ with a 4 year old. The rooms at WL don't seem any bigger than the rooms at PO. In fact, they may seem bigger because some of the additional space is taken up by the larger beds. The food court at POFQ is much larger and has more options. The pool and theming at POFQ are fun for kids. The downsides are that you won't have a sit-down restaurant and will have to take the bus everywhere. However, I wouldn't consider the buses a negative. From the WL you have to take the boat to MK which didn't seem any faster than a bus from PO. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the boat rides but I'm not sure how convenient it would be with a 4 year old.

Have a great trip wherever you decide to stay!