PDA

View Full Version : Room / Building Requests ?

Lori0963
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I have never gotten a building that I have requested at WDW Resorts. Has anyone had luck with this and what is the best way to make your requests?

TammiMcMan
07-03-2007, 02:02 PM
It's 100% sure that they do look at the notes in the reservation field, beyond that, it seems to be anyones guess if they glance at faxes or take phone call requests a few days before you arrive.

If I'm not satisfied with a room that I've been assigned at check-in, I will offer to wait for something else to become available. This usually works if I arrive early and the resort is not at capacity. If all else fails, you can ask about being moved the following day.

moe513
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I always ask at check in to get what I requested. My request has never been just given. They assign rooms at check in.

wendybird
07-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Although I have never receieved what I requested, I have never had a really bad location. I think it is because I come in from CA and with the time change, by the time I get to the hotel (usually about 4:30) I think the "good" rooms are gone!

TammiMcMan
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
They assign rooms at check in.Not necessarily, but even rooms that are pre-assigned can be changed around at any time. Getting what you asked for can depend on many things, like current occupancy, turn around for that day, what time you're checking in, whether or not you're willing to wait for a particular room, etc.

moe513
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
When we stayed at the poly in dec 05 I was told they assign them at check in and because we checked in late I figured that was the case. We got a handicapped assisible room that didnt work for us and we had to move the next day.

TammiMcMan
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
When we stayed at the poly in dec 05 I was told they assign them at check in and because we checked in late I figured that was the case. We got a handicapped assisible room that didnt work for us and we had to move the next day.Exactly and even if your room had been pre-assigned, it still could have been changed and given to someone checking in before you. That's why I said that in worst case scenario, you can ask to be moved the next day. That's happened to us twice due to very late night arrivals. We took what they had and moved rooms the following day.

sgdisney
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
It used to be recommended to fax room request about 3 days prior to arrival directly to the resort, but I understand that this no longer is the best way to handle it. What I have done is make specific requests to Central Reservations when making my reservations (building and floor wanted) and the last few trips I have gotten exactly what I requested. These trips involved early checkins though, and I think that probably does help.

pogo
07-03-2007, 03:06 PM
We faxed our room requests to POFQ about three days before our arrival and were granted our first choice. :cloud9:

We politely requested a quiet room in Bld. 7 and when we checked in, we were assigned Bld 7, third floor. It was great and very quiet. :thumbsup:

But remember you are only "requesting"...... not ordering. If you get it , you get it ! :D