PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Advice

berg
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Our group is heading down in Nov., and one person is celebrating their big 40th. Looking for some suggestions. We have booked the Cinderella's Royal Table so far.:unsure:

Donald
07-03-2007, 10:17 AM
We celebrated my son's 3rd birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table also. When I made the reservation, I asked about getting a cake for him, they transferred my call to the bakery dept. and I ordered a 10" cake-customized for him: chocolate with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting. It had Mickey Mouse on the top with sprinkles and "Happy Birthday Charley" His name was spelled incorrect, but it was just after Hurricane Charley came through, so it was kind of funny. They sang to him, had streamers and Mickey confetti all over the table. He really enjoyed it!:wishes::cake:

Donald
07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Oh, I forgot, the Walt Disney Florist has a lot of gift baskets available. They could deliver something special to your friend's/relative's hotel room. (I surprised my niece this way. When she was checking in, the CM said "There is a special delivery for you" and handed her the gift basket. Then the CM gave her some extra things from Disney to celebrate -picture, balloon, etc.):party:

mickey&missy
07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Definitely go to guest services in whichever park your going to that day and get that person a birthday button.

Also, you can arrange for a birthday phone call, if your staying onsite, just ask the front desk.

As the previous poster said, you can order a cake from CRT. We celebrated DD's 4th b-day there in 2005 and DS's at Chef Mickey's last year. Call them directly a few days before you leave on your trip.

Disney Florist in great, I used them to order a basket for my SIL and her DH for their honeymoon last year and to order a basket for my kids when we went last time. look on their website but I was advised to call them direct to order. Their super nice and helpful. For SIL and her DH I was able to order on of their standard WDW baskets and have Champagne and glasses added.

WDW is the best place for a Birthday celebration! Have fun!!

alpro2
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Perhaps a Fireworks Cruise (Wishes or Illuminations)? You can also order a birthday cake and they will serve it on board. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
When you make all your ressies, be sure to tell them someone is celebrating their birthday. At each meal you attend, you may just get a surprise. My DD16, got cakes, cards, confetti, streamers, well wishes. It was great. Definetly go to Whispering Canyon Cafe and make sure they know who's birthday it is. It's fun!