PDA

View Full Version : Japan Pavilion

kaliepooh
07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I am not very familiar with the Japan Pavilion. I heard that I can purchase Bonsai trees and Pearls in this pavilion. I hope they are still available for purchase when I get there in August. If I can purchase these items, will I be able to ship them home? Exactly where can I find each item? Does anyone know how much it costs for the Pearls and Bonsai plants?

Thank guys!!!:blush:

bleukarma
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes, you can purchase pearls and Bonsai trees at the Japan pavilion. It’s always a neat store to wonder around in! It’s called the Mitsukoshi Department Store and it’s located on the right side of the pavilion on the bottom level. I’m not sure on exact prices, but the pearls are around $12 and the bonsai trees start at $12.95 for a starter kit and go on up, depending on the size you get. I was guesstimate that a nice size tree in a pot and everything would run about $30, but I’ve never bought one so I don’t know for sure. And I do believe you can have your stuff shipped home for a fee. :mickey:

jray21
07-03-2007, 11:41 AM
If you buy a bonsai tree make sure you are able to bring it home. Sometimes shipping plants or bringing them on a plane can be a problem. Hawaii is very strict about plants brought in and I have no clue about the Virgin Islands so you may want to find out before you purchase one. Mitsukoshi also has great japanese candy. I always get a bunch when I'm there.