PDA

View Full Version : Post card offer

Lynn J Mc
07-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I received a post card offer yesterday for $59 for value resorts. It came to my address but in my sister's name. We stay in the same room when we usually go. I can't go again right now, we just went in May, but if I could, would i have a problem using it without her there?

eam
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
I had the same thing happen to me with my daughter's name and was able to book for the great rate. The CM told me that I just had to live at the same address where the offer was mailed. 3 of those offers just arrived at my house - 2 for my daughter(last name of her first husband and last name of her current husband and one for my other daughter's boyfriend who went with us one year). Of course, none came in my name, who has been going since 1972. Wonder how those are sent out. Anyway, good luck and have a great time if you can take advantage!!

disneymom15
07-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I didn't receive one either. Are there specific dates? We've thinking of going in Oct and it would be great if we could get those rates.

bcd88
07-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I got the postcard too. I already had reservations with 2 other families for our August trip (the dates fall into those dates on the post cards). When I call WDW asking if I would get the offer, the CM told me that I will not be able to stay in the same Pop Building with other 2 families,and only the preferred room are available. the only difference for my package is only $81. I did not bother for the offer because I want to stay close with other 2 families.

Mickey91
07-03-2007, 12:15 PM
This happened to me a few years ago. A friend was going to travel with us and when a post card came to my address with her name on it, I tried to use it and was told the person on the card was the only one who could make the reservation. Since she backed out and didn't go, we didn't get to use the deal.:(