PDA

View Full Version : Recent Atlantic Dance Hall info?

Ryot
07-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Hello all! :mickey:

I'm helping my parents plan our first full-family WDW trip since us kids started growing up and getting married. This is my sister-in-law's first trip to anything Disney ever, so we're trying to make it extra special for her. She and my brother have expressed some interest in going to Atlantic Dance Hall, but from what they said, it sounds to me like they are looking for swing dancing or other types of couples/social/ballroom dancing, as opposed to your standard nightclub fare.

I've read some conflicting things about ADH, so I think it may have changed recently? So what's the deal currently -- are there any nights with swing music, either DJ or band? Or is it all music that's been on the radio in the last 10/20 years? And if it's the latter, is it worth going to in addition to the nightclubs at PI?

Thanks!
~Ryot

mickeys_princess
07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
We went in the beginning of this past June, I believe it was on a week night, free cover charge. They had a DJ that night. Dont know if it changes nightly. Played mostly current pop, rock music with some popular music from the 80's and 90's. No swing or ballroom dancing at all. One whole wall was a screen that was playing the videos of the music and there were strobe lights and neons. Good mixture of people age 21 to 60. One thing different from PI was that it was free! You may want to find out more about the dueling pianos bar. Im not sure what that is we havent been to that one. Have fun!