PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now....well sort of...July 2nd, 2007 PreTravel Report

disneyboy98
07-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Well I'm back (for the third year in a row) to write my live trip reports. This years is quite an interesting time of year because usually we head down to WDW on July 1st. However this year we leave on July 4th (Happy Birthday America!). Also, there is another interesting thing about this trip, but I will save it for later.

To give you some back story (Kind of like Ellen in U of E), Hi my name is Brett. I'm 27 and I live in the awesome province of Saskatchewan (Canada), in the city of Moose Jaw. My family and I are obsessed with WDW and everything Disney. I have been going since I was four years old almost yearly. A few years ago I discovered this awesome website called INTERCOT and found other WDW obsessed people like me! I have brought two members into the fold: my sister Beckie (tomorrowschild), and my cousin Bonnie (Earnhardt321). They are also INTERCOT obsessed. I would count my mom in there as well but she has not become a member and thus is called in our house "The Lurker" (good sign in name I think):thumbsup:.

To put it bluntly, I love reading trip reports. I love getting other peoples perspective of WDW, what they love, what they don't like, and their experiences while they are there vacation. About four years ago, I started writing trip reports upon returning to my home in Moose Jaw. However, three year ago we were staying at The Swan resort. The Swan resort had in room internet access and we brought a laptop. I'm guessing you can see where I am going with this.

In room internet access + laptop = live trip reports. How much better could it get?

Oh but the formula is not done yet. After opening an online photo album and purchasing a digital camera we have the ultimate trip report formula.

In room internet access + laptop + online photo album + digital camera + love taking pictures at WDW + Intercot trip reports section = ULTIMATE LIVE TRIP REPORTS!

For me, this is the best way to document my vacation experience in WDW. For the past two years I have been able to go back and read exactly (because it is fresh in my mind) what we did on a certain day. With the link to the pictures at the end of the post, we can see exactly what we did that day. Plus, I get to share with tons of people who are WDW obsessed and give them a "taste" of the magic if they are not at WDW right now. There are so many people on here that have helped us out over the years with tips and insights into WDW that this is my way of saying, "Hey, thanks for sharing all of your Disney knowledge with us. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy a trip report on the day that it happened." At work, in your home, anywhere in the world, everybody needs a daily WDW fix.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. I told you at the beginning of the post that there is something else that was interesting about this trip. If you have read our past reports from last year you knew that my sister (Beckie) was getting married. Well I am happy to report that Beckie got married (to a very nice guy) this year and has brought into this world the cutest, most adorable baby girl (my niece). I am a very very very proud uncle. Her name is Chloe and she has brought much joy into Beckie and Kevin's life as well as her new grandparents and her uncle (that's me).

As you can probably guess with Chloe being here now, and being ever so tiny, Beckie and Kevin have decided to sit this trip out. It is a very weird feeling not having my sister with me because she has been on all of our trips to WDW. You probably remember her from practically all of the pics from last year. However, she gave us her blessing (along with a list of many things we are to bring home for her, Kevin, and Chloe) to go down and enjoy WDW as a three person group.

So this trip consists of:

Brett (me, the son, 27, teacher, love all thrill rides at WDW especially TOT, MS, RRC, and EE. Also a huge POTC fan)

Mom (huge fan of Mission Space, American Adventure and RRC)

Dad (love a good bench like "Dave" from the vacation planning video. Also enjoys a good Dole Whip from the MK)

We are only going to be down there for a week this year. Tonight, I am sitting at a desk at an American Express in Minneapolis patiently awaiting to board the plane on Wednesday. We drove down here today. It was very uneventful but had lots of time to read the Birnbaum book and getting psyched up for Wednesday.

Also (for those that remember this about me) I am not a huge fan of shopping. I like to go, look around at what interests me, buy the stuff, and leave. However, when in Minneapolis you always have to go to....that's right....THE MALL OF AMERICA! :unsure: Yes, it is a very nice place (have been there before) but again it's a shopping experience. I go in, look around, do the best that I can to fill in the time, and leave. So, if anyone has any suggestions of some non-shopping things to do there (yes Beckie I know this is such a waste on me because I know you love to shop) please let me know.

Now, so that I don't get in a huge amount of trouble from the moderators for this not being an actual "WDW Trip Report", I will say there are some things that I am really looking forward to this trip, here they are:

1. Going on Expedition Everest again. We went on it last year and I can't get enough. Bring on the Yeti!!

2. Seeing if I can go the whole week without getting "Nemo" overload. I am excited to go on the new ride, look at the exhibits, see the musical at the AK. Hopefully at the end of the wee I won't think he (Nemo) would look better deep-fried with tartar sauce and some chips sitting at the United Kingdom waiting for Illumintations. Just joking!

3. Spending time with mom and dad. I'm a teacher and it seems like July is the time to connect with mom and dad again. During the school year my students come first and now that it is summer it's Family Time!

4. Just hanging out, exploring, and doing what comes into my mind. If I feel like going to the MK at night, I will go to the MK at night. If I feel like just going into MGM and walking around, taking a ride on TOT and RRC and then going to do something else, I will.

5. Going on POTC tons of times. As a huge fan of the ride (that's right, I loved it pre Jack), the movies, and now with Jack in there, it's good times all around!!! I'm also curious about the pirate tutorial in Adventureland. Can't wait to see it!

6. Figuring out how to get that night in the castle. Ha ha ha!!! :shake: I know, good luck, right?!!

Ok, well, I think that is enough for tonight. "Oh, and if you have just shown up...where have you been? I love your hair...no not you...yeah...that's cute." Sorry, I had to put it in there...sorry

This is where I would normally say, "to see today's pictures please click here..." However, I don't have many pictures of the interstate. So, I will save the pictures for the first day we get down to WDW.

Have an awesome "Disney" day!

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Ok, well, I think that is enough for tonight. "Oh, and if you have just shown up...where have you been? I love your hair...no not you...yeah...that's cute." Sorry, I had to put it in there...sorry

:funny::rotfl::funny:
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you have a magical trip. I look forward to the pictures:thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-03-2007, 02:36 AM
Have a great trip. I look forward to all your reports and pictures.

AmyKane
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM
YEEEEHAAAA!!!! disneyboy98 is back! Love...LOVE your trip reports! Can't wait to read, dream and feel like I am there with you and your family! Your reports are so unbelievable I look forward to them everyday throughout your July trips!! :mickey:
Congratulations to your sister and all of the exciting things that have happened in her life this past year!! A new Disney freak in the making - LOVE IT!

MauiMouse
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to those live reports, Brett. :mickey:

castlelady36
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Hope I get to read a few "live" reports before I am "live" myself on July 7 at WL!!!

Beach Club Babe
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I am so looking forward to your reports!

Congratulations to Beckie and Kevin!:cloud9:

faline
07-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Congrats on the new additions to your family!

Have a wonderful time! I'll be looking forward to reading your reports!

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Awesome! I LOVE your reports!

Can't wait to hear about this year's adventure!

And congratulations Uncle Brett! I can only imagine the pictures you'll have when you get to take Chloe!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Dad (love a good bench like "Dave" from the vacation planning video. Also enjoys a good Dole Whip from the MK)!

Are you sure this is your Dad and not my DH??!!?? If Dave has a twin, it's my DH. But he loves WDW, that's why he bought me DVC membership for my wedding gift. And to think all I got him was a watch and a gold chain. Boy am I lame....:blush::D

I have missed reading....so here we go, I am so excited.

Congrats on being an Uncle and a BIL! We did a pressed penny collection for our newest addition this year, we became DGParents.

Give Chloe lots of kisses and enjoy your vacation.

gauvin4
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to read your LIVE reports!! Hope your vacation is fantastic.:mickey:

DizNee143
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
sounds good!! cant wait to hear all about it!! :mickey:

tomorrowschild
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks everybody on the congrats on our new baby. We can't wait to take her to Disney.
Hope you have a great trip. Keep us posted.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Looking forward to your reports! Hope you have a fantastic time in WDW!:mickey:
Is it even possible to not have a fantastic time in Disney?:confused:

T-Belle
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Hello Brett!!! Ok I know this is going to sound crazy and probably very scarey but I have been waiting patiently (maybe not Soooo patiently) for your trip reports.
My DD,( aka..."tbelles"dghtr"...aka...) Joey and I enjoyed your reports SO much last year and we couldn't wait to read this years'. So let the reports begin!!!!!:party:
Oh and Congrats to your sister on sweet Chloe.
What a great uncle you'll be. Have you taught her " A Pirates's Life For Me' yet???!!!LOL I'm sure there's time.

iheartmickey
07-03-2007, 06:32 PM
YIPPIE!!! Brett's back with his live reports!!!!!

I can't wait to read your reports .... hope your fingers are all warmed up and ready to type. We are all anxiously waiting for your first live WDW day!!!

Congratulations on becoming an uncle ... and congratulations to your sister (tomorrowschild) Beckie. We'll miss you (Beckie) in the pictures this year.

Bring it ON!!!!!! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
I am super exicted to read your reports! Cant wait! Have a great trip!

Pocahontas
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow, from reading everyones posts, you must have some reputation for writing great reports. Hope you have the best time ever and now I will also be eagerly waiting to read your reports.

January-2007
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for reporting.

The Ellen's Energy Adventure stuff was way funny. And Nemo for dinner..... :D

tyandskyesmom
07-05-2007, 10:05 AM
We just got back from the World and while there I was thinking you were probably there somewhere and I was missing some great reporting! Looking forward to reading about the rest of yout trip while I write my own report of the last four days!

180 more days!

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm late to the thread, so I won't catch the reports coming in live, but still looking forward to reading. And just imagine, you'll have amazing future trips with Chloe!

Bethis26fan
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
lol even your pre trip is great.