07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
June 23rd
Dining Party
7 Adults
4 Kids
1 Infant
ADR Time 5:20, seating time 5:23
All on the dining plan, 3 different checks/rooms

We just love this place! The kids got to do the pony races, everyone had a great time.

My grandfather is a diabetic and his sugar was very LOW, so he was very happy to order a chocolate milkshake for his drink! I will let you know in general what dishes were ordered, there were no complaints at all!
Apps:
Wings
Salad
Nachos-they were happy to make them without the beans!
Soup

2 Adults and 1 Child ordered the skillet
1 adult meatloaf
2 adult roasted chickens
1 adult chicken pasta
1 adult sirloin steak
2 childrens burgers
KETCHUP!!!

Desserts included:
apple pie
chocolate cake
ice cream sundaes
cookies for the kids
cinnamon tortilla

Dinner for 12 took approximately 1.5 hours for 3 courses. We were not in any hurry and we were not rushed by any means. Great way to start our trip.:thumbsup:

thejens
07-02-2007, 07:16 PM
That sounds like a fun group! Our family enjoyed the skillets and the whole environment. It is definitely not dining in a hurry, but we enjoyed the food and the festivities. The sort of funny thing is my 9 year old son kept remarking "it sure is noisy in here" It didn't bother us "grown ups" at all. :party:

Mickeydream
07-02-2007, 08:48 PM
We have a dinner ressie at Whispering Canyon for our trip in late November. We are looking forward to all of the fun and good food that your family enjoyed. I have heard that ordering something that requires ketchup is a must. The kids (11 and 5)will love it! :mickey:

beksy
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I just started hearing about this restaurant. We have ressies at the Prime Time Cafe. Are they similar? I am thinking that we might really enjoy this but it seems like everyone who comments has kids. Our group is just Mom, sister, and me (the youngest, sister, is 19!). However, we are all kids at heart with great senses of humor and enjoy watching others with kids and "kidding" around ourselves! Would it be enjoyable for us or would we enjoy somewhere else more? TIA! :party:

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
This place is fun.....on my DD16th birthday, they made ME ride the pony around the dining room and sing Happy Birthday to her. They told me if they couldn't hear me at the other end of the room, I would have to go out into the lobby and do it again. You can bet your bottom dollar I song loud enough they probably heard me in the lobby.

Last year we were married at Poly and when they found out, they wanted to know why they weren't invited?? As well as asking the entire dining room if they were invited, of course their response was NO!! So, for our punishment for not inviting them, we had to recreate our wedding kiss. Another fun moment!!

If you are any type the wall flower, shy, hate noise, obnoxiously funny CMs, or you can't take a little ribbing....then this probably isn't the place for you.:D

conorsmom2000
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
However, we are all kids at heart with great senses of humor and enjoy watching others with kids and "kidding" around ourselves! Would it be enjoyable for us or would we enjoy somewhere else more? TIA! :party:

I think they are similar in the way that they have a fun atmosphere and lots of kidding around - though, sometimes you might get a CM who is not as into it as you want them to be. But, the first time we were there it was just myself and my DH and we had a blast! :mickey: I think you guys would have fun!

This place is fun.....on my DD16th birthday, they made ME ride the pony around the dining room and sing Happy Birthday to her. They told me if they couldn't hear me at the other end of the room, I would have to go out into the lobby and do it again.

We saw something similar on our last trip - they had a man ride a pony around singing Happy Birthdy to himself. Well, his wife was laughing so hard that they then made her ride around singing Happy Birthday to him!! :D It was great!

To the OP - glad you had fun! This is one of our favorites!

pogo
07-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Hhhmmmmmm......... note to self...... include Whispering Canyon to your list of "must do's" for your next trip. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review. :D

avantgardeinker
07-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for posting... I sometimes avoide reading restaurant reviews, because there are so many different people and opinions and you have no idea who might share opinions with you. I don't like to make judgements based on others' opinions. It was good to see a positive review, though. We are going to WCC in Dec for my in-laws' 40th anniversary. They are not formal people at all and I think all the interaction will be right up their alley. I'm really looking forward to it.

156 more days!!
:mickey:

DisneyJunkie
07-03-2007, 09:34 AM
I find Whispering Canyon to be a pretty fun place....if you're the one on the "outs" with your server, that is. On our last family trip back in September with my wife, my sister and her husband, and my other siblings, I was having fun with our server, and, naturally, was called out by him to ride the wooden horse around the restaurant. I think I had to yell out "I'm sorry for being rude" or something. And I was the one who was brought the refill on Coke, with the glass being a small keg. The food was fine, and the atmosphere fun and friendly.

beksy
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the great info! I'm definitely going to try to get ADR's for there! Sounds like its right up our alley. :thumbsup:

kaerbear178
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you had such a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun!

moe513
07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
We have also had a good experience with whispering canyon.

January-2007
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the review.

iheartmickey
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I can't wait to eat here in Oct. DH and my mom have no idea what they're in for. :secret:

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I just started hearing about this restaurant. We have ressies at the Prime Time Cafe. Are they similar? I am thinking that we might really enjoy this but it seems like everyone who comments has kids. Our group is just Mom, sister, and me (the youngest, sister, is 19!). However, we are all kids at heart with great senses of humor and enjoy watching others with kids and "kidding" around ourselves! Would it be enjoyable for us or would we enjoy somewhere else more? TIA! :party:

My husband and I went there 2 years ago for our Anniversary Dinner with the DDP and absolutely loved it. They set us in an outer area overlooking the lobby, but where we could still hear and see things going on in the main dining area especially when someone asked for "ketchup". It's definitely alot of fun whether you have kids or not. We took the bus from POP to the MK & hopped on the boat across to the WL and that was so special. So give it a try - I think you'd thoroughly enjoy yourselves!! :thumbsup:

-------------------------------
Elynn :tink:
Mickey - here we come - POP 9/2007 for Anniversary #22 Celebration :marg::beer:

Jeri Lynn
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the review!!

We have 5pm dinner reservations on the night of MVMCP....does anyone know what time they start serving dinner? I'm wondering if I should try and make earlier reservations.

tinkerbell04
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Whispering Canyon starts serving dinner at 5. I think you will be able to get right in if your reservations are at 5! Have fun:mickey: