PDA

View Full Version : Premium Package

Figgyluv03
07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know how much it cost per night? When I tried to figure it out with the difference online it was coming out to an extra 300 dollars a night. I can't justify paying that when all we really want to do is just eat at the nicer restruants.

Dedivah
07-02-2007, 12:52 PM
What do you mean by "nicer restaurants"?

I can not verify the cost for you, however, I can tell you that no matter what plan you are on, you are still eligible to eat at any restaurant that accepts the dining plan.

The "premium plan" does not allow you access to a different level restaurant than on the regular dining plan.

The premium plan gives you 3 full meals per day instead of a counter, snack and table. All your meals will be a table service.

You are able to use 1 credit for the character/signature meals instead of 2 as per the regular dining plan. You are still subject to the 180 day ADR.

If you have a party of 8 or more you can attend one of the Grand Gathering events with out additional pay.

DH and I considered upgrading to premium this year as it will only be him and I. But when we compared the 2 plans we decided that the regular plan was enough for us. We would not have have 3 sit down meals per day it would be too much for us. 1 is plenty. The counter service is more than enough for breakfast and will take us through lunch then we will be more than ready for a sit down dinner. Then I would have to make 3 reservations per day for each meal to get our money's worth. :no:

We don't have enough people for the Grand Gatheriing events and we like to spend our time in the parks. Neither one of us golf.

Figgyluv03
07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
My only thing is, we are only going to do one of the tours, but we are really into the sports and horseback riding and stuff and love being out on the boat. What I ment by the nicer restruants is that we want to eat at CRT & do the Spirit of Alhoa dinner show which would eat up four credits on the regualr plan. I guess I just have to sit and crunch numbers.

Dedivah
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
My only thing is, we are only going to do one of the tours, but we are really into the sports and horseback riding and stuff and love being out on the boat. What I ment by the nicer restruants is that we want to eat at CRT & do the Spirit of Alhoa dinner show which would eat up four credits on the regualr plan. I guess I just have to sit and crunch numbers.

So I am assuming that it is just 2 of you.

Other than the horseback riding and sports stuff. Maybe you can call and see how much those things will cost out of pocket and see if how it works out.

If all you really want to do is go to the signature dining restaurants, I would say stick to the reqular plan. Even If you used 4 credits on one night. That means that you would have to come out of pocket for one dinner for both of you. I know that - that one dinner will not cost $300pp. Unless you are going to do a signature dining every night of your trip?

spoiledraf
07-03-2007, 07:12 AM
I was just going through some stuff and found a receipt from one dinner for two, inclucing tip from Fultons Crab House. $156 including tip! Another for the Yachtsmans Steak House was $144. Now, keep in mind, on the Premium Plan, you get 1 breakfast allowance and the other two meals per day are at a dinner allowance. The point here is, you get three meals per night stayed. On your last day, one of those $30 lunches can turn into a $150 dinner before you hit the road. Or you can order from the dinner menu at lunch and have two huge meals a day! (Not recommended as you get an awful lot of food and feel a bit blah)

I just got a price for 3 nights (4 days) at the Beach Club in Sept. for about $1600 with the dining plan. Another for $2300 for the same four days on the premium plan. The difference of $700 tests me but...

We go premium every time. We really aren't into the rides. Last year I went fishing twice, once for 2 hours, once for 4 hours at $100 bucks an hour. Thats $600 worth of services. Add four days of dining at at least $250 bucks a day, we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour, rented a couple water sprites, hang gliding was $100 each and it's all included. Oh, and don't forget Circe de Sole is also free. Thats another $200 value for two.

All added up
4 dinners @ $150...$600
2 lunches $60........$120
3 breakfast @$45....$90
6 hours fishing.......$600
Circe de Sole......... $200
Parasailing, 2@100...$200
Keys to the King......$90 included lunch
Water sprites.........$50 ?

TOTAL $1940 - (not counting room and park tickets!)

Yes all restaurants are available on the dining plan but at a two for one deal, so in four days, you get one 5 star meal, 1 full service meal and end up buying the other two out of pocket. No sit down breakfast, a hot dog for lunch, and pay for any recreational experience, and it sounds like you enjoy doing things other than the parks.

I figure last year, for what we did, I saved about $1200 dollars going premium. I gained 7 pounds in four days, but I loved it.

If you have the extra cah, and like the signature dining, I say go for it. We enjoy a little later breakfast and usually get one of the latest seating for dinner. Lunch is whatever and where ever we please, and never with a reservation. And no bill or tip. Thats nice.:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-03-2007, 08:46 AM
I've never heard of the premium plan. We are going in september for the ddp (first time). We are also planning on golfing 3 times. It sounds like the premium plan includes sports? Does it include minitue golf, and regular golf? We are going for 7 nights, how do I tell how much more this would cost me? I would love to rent the water sprites, but always spend money shopping, buying disney treasures for home. Are tours included too? this is also something I always wanted to do. We have 4 adults going, my dh and another couple. Please let me know.
Thanks

spoiledraf
07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
The answer to all you questions is yes, they are included. The price comes out to $150 per night stay per person. You do need to take advantage of the extra curriculars to make it worth it, but if you go golfing, thats about $150 bucks a day so it's awash for those days, plus you can eat anywhere you want, tip included.

Heres a link to the Premium plans brochure. I love it. If you do more than stand in lines waiting for rides, it's worth it.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/07Premium.pdf

The only restaurant not included is Victoria and Alberts. And you do not have to stay at a deluxe resort to get these perks. All parties staying in one room must be on the same plan. Fishing, water skiing, jet skis, parasailing, golf; regular or miniature (as much as you want) all the tours, All meals, Circe de Sole, Pleasure Island, reserved seating for fireworks, and more. Check it out.

Figgyluv03
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I think we are just going to go with the regular dining plan. I love to do premium, but since it's his first time, I don't want to take away from the magic. Maybe on another trip when he's familiar with everything, we can take in all the recreation. He confessed to me the other day that he really doesn't want to golf 'cause he'll be doing it by himself. I'm getting him the Richard Petty Experience as a surpise, so with the money I'm not saving I'm going to upgrade it to where he can drive.

spoiledraf
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey, let me know what thats like. I've considered it. As a first timer, it's great to just enjoy all the parks. Once you've done all that, after three or four more trips. try the rest of the world. Have fun!

TheRustyScupper
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
1) Spoiledraf has it right.
2) If you don't do parks, Premium and Platinum can pay off.
3) In fact, pay off handsomely.
4) To pay, you need to do some/all of
. . . golf
. . . expensive meals
. . . water sports
. . . messages
. . . etc
5) if you go to the parks and eat normal, you lose big bucks.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Depending on how long you intend to stay, you could consider doing sort of a split reservation...

Say you're staying for 7 nights (8 days) ... you could start off with the regular DDP for the first 4nights and use those days to park hop to get the initial "Disney experience" Then, after the 4th night, (you'd have to book 2 separate reservations, back to back) you could switch over and spend the next 3 nights (4 days) on the Premium plan, taking advantage of the golf, shows, tours, and all the sit down restraunts you want to try.

Just a thought.

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I just cannot justify paying that kind of money. I would rather spend my time in the parks. We are quite full of food just using the regular dining plan.

Tinkerfreak
07-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I know some people mention that they don't do the parks. When you buy the package you are paying for the parks right? I guess I wondering why you would pay for park tickets in a package if you don't go to the parks. Maybe I am just misunderstanding. Someone please set me straight.

spoiledraf
07-08-2007, 11:50 PM
A slight misunderstanding. It's not that we don't use the parks, we don't spend 12 hours a day in the parks. Going in the off season eliminates the hour or more waits for the rides you want so you don't need to spend endless hours trying to do the things you want to do or see.
Heres a list of our reserved activities last year. Lunch was where ever, can't remember where.
Sunday, Oct. 1st check in, 7:30 a.m. -Grand Floridian,
8:30 a.m. –Concourse Steak House Breakfast, AK for 4/5 hours, Contemporary, para sail, jet skis, boats.
8:00 p.m. – Fultons Crab House Dinner
Monday, Oct. 2nd 7:00 a.m. – Fishing Excursion – Grand Floridian
9:50 a.m. – breakfast, GF Cafe, Macic Kingdom until 2ish, pool.
5:35 p.m. –Dinner – Yachtsman Steak
7:00 p.m. – Mickey’s Not So Scary
Tuesday, Oct. 3rd 9:00 a.m.- 2 p.m. – Keys to the Kingdom Tour (includes lunch and front of the line express to Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle criuse)– Down Town Disney for shopping.
9:30 p.m. –Dinner - Narcoosees - MK fireworks from deck.
Wednesday, Oct 4th 7:00 a.m. - 11 a.m. Fishing Excursion – Grand Floridian cafe for lunch, Epcot, MGM in the afternoon. Yachtsman for Dinner at 9 p.m.
Off site hotel and on to Atlanta in the morning.

We took advantage of taxis a couple times to avoid long bus waits and trips.

You can see, we do make it to all the parks, but it's not a marathon of rides. We will see a show before we will ride Space Mtn. 5 times in a row.

We actully didn't make the Circe de Sole this trip. It was the time before.

I can't justify spending all that money to ride the same attractions over and over every year. I like to be treated like Royalty at dinner with great food and I want to do things I can't do or see at home. Cedar point is an 1 1/2 hours away is rated for the best thrill rides in the world, and I can go there for $100 including gas money!

I drive a Brown truck for a living 10-11 hours a day. Im not wealthy but when I'm on vacation, I like to pretend I am!