PDA

View Full Version : March Crowds

Not2Loud
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Believe it or not, I have never been to WDW in March.

My DW decided to go back to college, and her spring break is March 1-8th or something like that.

How are crowds at parks and FW the first week of March typically?

faline
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
It's part of the busy spring break season which stretches from Presidents' Day in February through Easter. Some weeks are better than others. There's no way of predicting how your particular week will fall - it will depend on how many schools are on break and how many of those folks choose to go to Disney World during their break.

Christine
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
We went for the first time in March this year.

Clearly it was more crowded than when we usually go in the fall or winter, but it was not that bad at all...very manageable, very do-able! The only really bad thing we encountered were all the teens there for dance, cheer, band, etc competitions...especially at the resorts. But if you will be at FW, you shouldn't see a lick of that there! :thumbsup:

We have already planned to go back in 2008 during spring break (mid-March). My big worry is that Easter will be that week (this year, Easter was in April, 2008 it goes back to March), so I know it will be more crowded than last year by far. But you're going so early in March hopefully that won't affect you too much.

You will love the weather!

Strmchsr
07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
It really does vary year to year. Easter is early this year - late March - so many schools that might normally have an early spring break are switching to that week. You just never can tell. Don't expect empty parks, but my guess (and it's purely a guess) is that you'd be okay that week. Colleges tend to get out earlier (and don't affect WDW as much) while K-12 schools tend to have their breaks later.

Not2Loud
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
thanks for the insight!