PDA

View Full Version : Disney in June

Mrs.Jumbo
07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
It looks like the best time for my family to go to Disney next year will be June 5-14.

Has anyone just been around those dates this year who could tell me about crowd levels?

Thanks.

goofiecrazy
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
We have been there the first week of june before and it was crowded but not like it gets later in the summer.The schools down there get out in may.It was ok we knew it was going to be like that.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
We were just there from June 5th to the 12th. It was crowded, but manageable.

It seems like the parks get more and more crowded with each trip we take. There doesn't seem to be a "slow time" to go anymore.

Most people I've talked with feel that the beginning of June is not too bad, but that the crowd levels get worse as the month goes on. I didn’t really notice that, it was pretty much crowded the whole time!

faline
07-02-2007, 09:49 AM
We were there last year around this time and were delighted to find it was less crowded than we expected. In fact, it was so uncrowded that we decided to go the first weekend in June this year. What a difference! We found the crowds to be quite heavy! There were quite a few attractions we skipped because the lines were just too long!

Vinny
07-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I was there with my dad for our annual WDW trip this past June 2-8. It was the first time we have gone in the summer since 2000. Having only been there in February and November for the last few years, I have kind of been spoiled with lighter crowds. The crowds on our trip in June were moderate. Many schools were still in session so I think that held down the crowds a bit. Although the wait times for rides like Soarin, Expedition Everest, Test Track, Mission Space, ect were often 60 minutes or more, starting around late morning. Fast passes for these rides often ran out early to so we would always fast pass the ride and head right over to the stand by line. What helps is most rides offer singles lines. Although you will most likely be separated from others in your party, it offers a quicker way to get on the rides. Have a good trip!!

MOJoe
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
We just returned from a June 9 - 16 trip. While in line for Big Thunder i spoke to a family who vacations at WDW each year at that time. They said more and more people have discovered that early June is a good time to visit, and the crowds get a little larger every year. That said, we found the crowds moved in herds. Some parks might be elbow to elbow, while others had little or no waiting. If June is good for your family, there is no reason to choose a different time. You never know, an off-season week could be just as crowded.

JPL
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
I have gone during this time 2 times and I have to say the crowds are very manageabl. It is crowded at times but not overly crowded. I had minimal waits for most attractions. This is a time where a little park experience can go along way in avoiding crowds :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
07-05-2007, 11:43 AM
We went in June for our honeymoon last year, and really enjoyed it. The crowds and heat were not nearly as bad as they get later in the summer.:thumbsup: