PDA

View Full Version : Special offers at resort gift shops

DisneyDudet
07-01-2007, 11:15 PM
The past few times I've gone to Disney, the resort shops offer a special. It usually involves spending a certain amount of money and getting an item for free or a small additional amount.

Are they still doing that?

What are they offering now if they are doing it?

Do the shops at the Dolphin and Swan that are run by Disney count?

Do you have to be a resort guest to receive the special offer?

Sorry for all the questions... it just hit me and it makes me sound like I know nothing!

disneygal01
07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey,
My husband and I just got home this afternoon from our Disneymoon, and they had those specials running all over Disney not just at the resorts. You don't have to be a resort guest to participate in these special offers. As for the Swan and Dolphin Im not sure if they offer anything similar or not since we didn't go there. I hope that this helps out some. Any other questions just send me a PM... Happy Planning!!!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
07-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Sooooooooooo......
WHAT ARE THEY??!! :mickey:

:sulley:

MMouse6937
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I would like to know what they are too.

We have never experienced that at the resorts, but they did have a lithograph giveaway with purchase at World of Disney last time we were there. It was really cool. :thumbsup:

biodtl
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
In Oct 2006 (in all the shops), you got a nice WDW throw if you spent a certain amount (I believe it was something like $75 or $100). It was supposed to be a $60 value, and based on quality/normal pricing I think it was actually closer to what I paid ($15). That said, it was still a deal, because if I had chosen to buy it on my own, I would have had to pay Disney's price of $60.

Tinker-Brendie
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
This past February you could receive for free or purchase at a reduced price (I forget which) a nice large canvas tote embroidered with WDW's grand opening date with a purchase of $50 or so. I didn't see the sign when I bought some pins, but since I still had my receipts on me when I came back to buy more stuff, they honored my "total" purchases for the day and I got the tote.:mickey:

wendy*darling
07-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Just got home last night. I saw 3 different deals on this trip- there may have been others I didn't encounter, but I wasn't shopping much this time around.
I saw a watch special in the parks I think- I overheard a couple discussing how much their total was and did they want the watch. Sorry, but I don't remember what this watch style was. I have purchased a Christmas watch and a Pirates watch on previous trips.
In the World of Disney Store they had a fringed throw/blanket with 2007 on it for $15 with a $50 purchase.
And at the Fort Wilderness gift shop I got a canvas tote bag for $15 with my $50 purchase. They had another offering of a lithograph with a number of character pins on it for $10 with a $50 purchase- but we didn't want that one.
I saw hundreds of the bags being carried around the parks- they are very popular!

Sorry I don't remember all the particulars, but I do know there are a variety of "special deals" if you are already making a purchase.

TinkiTime1989
07-02-2007, 09:36 PM
When we were down there about 2 weeks ago we actually did the special. In the shops on Mainstreet in MK as well as at World of Disney DTD and MouseGears in EPCOT the special was spend $45 and get a POTC watch and print for $10 more. I thought it was a good deal. The print also comes with a certificate of authenticity.:pirate:

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
At DTD, you could get the throw, which I also saw at EPCOT. Also at DTD, I don't know the amount of initial purchase, but we were offered a YOMD platter for 20 bucks. I snagged that puppy right up. It's beautiful. I also got that blanket, as well as the canvas tote for $10 with a $50 purchase.

Bethanymouse
07-03-2007, 12:18 AM
These is great to read about. I had no idea that this existed and we go down every summer. I cant wait to check out some of these deals in August!

Lizzie
07-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Last October at the Cont Resort if you spent a certian amount you got a Tinkerbell watch at a discounted price.

Than at other stores it was a throw.

And at the Christmas Store it was a set of ornaments at a discounted price.

big blue and hairy
07-03-2007, 07:25 AM
I knew the resorts did this at Christmas, I didn't know about the rest of the year. DW and I are headed to the World in about 3 weeks, I'll have to check it out.

:sulley:

beksy
07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
As a shop-a-holic (especially anything Disney) this is great to know, but bad for my debit card! :blush:

ElenitaB
07-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Morgan, I seem to have tripped over the answer to your question about the Swan and the Dophin gift shops having the special offers, in Brett's trip report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109234). Check out his pictures (he's staying at the S/D).

DisneyDudet
07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Ellen.. you are just too good!!! I can't wait to meet you in October! You helped me a whole lot when I went on the cruise and I just want to thank you in person!!!

That was very helpful!

We are headed down for the Anniversary party and it was just something I was wondering about!

Keep the info coming!!

tinksmom02
07-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Just got home last night. I saw 3 different deals on this trip- there may have been others I didn't encounter, but I wasn't shopping much this time around.
I saw a watch special in the parks I think- I overheard a couple discussing how much their total was and did they want the watch. Sorry, but I don't remember what this watch style was. I have purchased a Christmas watch and a Pirates watch on previous trips.
In the World of Disney Store they had a fringed throw/blanket with 2007 on it for $15 with a $50 purchase.
And at the Fort Wilderness gift shop I got a canvas tote bag for $15 with my $50 purchase. They had another offering of a lithograph with a number of character pins on it for $10 with a $50 purchase- but we didn't want that one.
I saw hundreds of the bags being carried around the parks- they are very popular!

Sorry I don't remember all the particulars, but I do know there are a variety of "special deals" if you are already making a purchase.

We got the litho w/ the pins at WOD in January, it's very cute.

We didn't take advantage of it, but saw the tote bag offer in more than one gift shop, too.

Something else to be looking out for on our next trip!