PDA

View Full Version : Did I do good?

yasmina
07-01-2007, 08:58 PM
OK, well I finally decided to do it - I upgraded fro ASMo to POFQ. Although many of you give great reviews of ASMo, I was nervous about the room size, bus pick-up last (after the other All-Stars), and general busy-ness.

I requested a water view, hopefully near the main part of the resort (even though it's the smallest of the moderates). Although I read that CBR rooms are bigger, according to the cast member I spoke with this AM, all the rooms at moderates are the same size.

I love the idea of the NO theming. I am a French teacher and we do a big Mardi Gras celebration every year. I'm hoping to pick up some MG stuff at the resort for school next year! And besides which, we'll be there on my birthday, so it's MY choice, right?:blush:

Jen C.
07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I think you did good. Any time you upgrade, it's a good thing! Enjoy yourself!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Glad that you are going to the resort that you want on your birthday!!! We were torn between ASMo and POFQ for our next trip. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! Have a magical trip!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
As much as we love Movies, I would take a stay at POFQ anytime. It is our favorite Mod.

Have a great trip!! :mickey:

tiaramom
07-01-2007, 10:38 PM
We are also trying French Quarter for the first time. My concerns are is the bus as fast and easy to the parks and from the airport as PoP- I thought POP met all my needs with a toddler . I only hope this resort is as good with that. The food court offered amazing stuff for my little one- sounds silly, but you get use to the convience of the resorts...

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2007, 01:54 AM
POFQ is one of my favorite resorts. We are staying in there in Oct. I don't think you will be disappointed:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
07-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Any time you get a moderate instead of a value you have done well. (IMO) :mickey:The values are fine but I think you will be most pleased with your decision!

dolphinmickey9170
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I think you did real good....:D

I don't think I could stay at the value resorts. Now, don't think I'm a snob, 'cuz I'm far from it, but we were resort hopping in May and I just didn't like the feel. Besides the fact that this large group of people all but ran us down, kinda like the running of the bulls, when they saw the bus coming. I just couldn't put myself or should I say feel myself in the magic.

I like POR, but that's just MHO.

hootch
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
last summer and moved up to POFQ this summer. I couldn't get a AAA discount for a preferred room at ASMo so the price wasn't that different.

I had no issues with ASMO but preferred POFQ. The rooms are a little larger. The pool is nicer and getting to and from Downtonw Disney is significantly easier using the boat.

Overall the POFQ has a very quiet and relaxing atmosphere, and the wrought, while not nearly as ornate as King Street, is still nice looking.