PDA

View Full Version : In room computers at the Poly?

Friend of Figment
07-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Are there in room computers at the Poly? When we stayed at the CR last December, our room came with a computer which was very handy. I'm staying at the Poly this August and I'd love to avoid lugging my laptop if I don't need to.

chamonix
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
the Poly has in room computer access, but does not come with actual computers--you will have to bring your laptop.

That is really strange that your CR room had a computer in it--it sounds to me like the last occupant of the room left something behind! :confused:

DizneyRox
07-01-2007, 08:05 PM
That is really strange that your CR room had a computer in it--it sounds to me like the last occupant of the room left something behind! :confused:
I too have never heard of or seen a WDW room (or any other hotel) with a computer in it for my use.

Friend of Figment
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
It was a built in flat screen and keyboard. They said they were testing it as a possible ammenity. It worked great.

chamonix
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
wow, that's nice. :)

TheRustyScupper
07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
It was a built in flat screen and keyboard. They said they were testing it as a possible ammenity. It worked great.

1) I have already had this in three or four hotels.
2) Think of using the hotel-room video game.
3) Now, make the thumb pad a keyboard.
4) Who knows, may be WDW will start these.

atruman
07-02-2007, 11:08 AM
All the rooms in the Contemporary Resort now have the "Disney's Online Concierge" computers installed.

The computers started in a few rooms, and gradually rolled out across the entire resort over the last 6-8 months or so.

TammiMcMan
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I've heard that the computers in the CR rooms are a great convenience and on last check, they were still available at no charge. I think having computers at that particular resort, really fits in with the theme though.

SallyP
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I think having computers at that particular resort, really fits in with the theme though.

Totally agree Tammi. I might just stay there next time to check them out. :mickey:

beksy
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
We'll be staying at the CR in October. Am I understanding correctly that all of the rooms have computers? If so, are they so that I could hook up my digital camera and save my pictures to my CD using them? Thanks for the info. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate you letting me know!

95 days and counting!!:party:

TammiMcMan
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Beksy, I don't believe it's that type of computer system. From one of their updates, it's specifically online concierge that allows guests to check flights, contact valet and bell services, play video games, order room service and connect to Disney internet sites.

The CR is a convention center though, so they'll be sure to have a business center. You'd most likely be able to transfer pictures onto a CD there.

beksy
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Tammi!

DisneyorBust
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
....Does anyone know if these systems will be installed at the POLY? or any of the other resorts not mentioned? And if so, when? Just a little curious.:D
Seems that a lot of folks here on Intercot fly SW and this would be a boon to obtain your 'A' boarding pass.

TammiMcMan
07-03-2007, 11:35 AM
....Does anyone know if these systems will be installed at the POLY? or any of the other resorts not mentioned? And if so, when? Just a little curious.:D
Seems that a lot of folks here on Intercot fly SW and this would be a boon to obtain your 'A' boarding pass.The Poly rooms underwent a rehab just a few months before the CR. I would imagine it would have been easier to install the computer terminals then, as opposed to coming back and doing it at a later date. The GF is currently rehabbing all it's rooms, so we'll see if they end up with computers. My guess is that it was done at the CR because it fits the theme of the resort.

All the resorts have a lobby concierge desk, which they're happy to print out boarding passes for anyone. I imagine even with the CR terminals, due to their not having a printer attachment, a guest may still need to walk down to the lobby concierge to pick up a printed boarding pass. I'll see if I can get any further info on that though.