PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Breakfast In The Parks

PETE FROM NYC
07-01-2007, 11:43 AM
On our trip this past March,we could not find any CS places doing breakfast.Are there any left?
Coffee and a danish don't work for me ,I am diabetic.

jedi jen
07-01-2007, 11:48 AM
My mom also is diabetic, so we had to watch breakfast last year. We found that Sunshine Seasons at Epcot had more breakfast items (eggs, etc.) and Tusker House at AK--but Tusker House is closing soon, to become a TS.

I would usually go to the food court in the resort to get a breakfast and take it up to mom before we went to the parks. The CS in the resorts also seem to have more breakfast choices. Best of luck. :mickey:

ILoveLegos
07-01-2007, 12:18 PM
My mom's diabetic too. On our last trip in January we had a serious breakfast delima in MGM Studios. Danish & Bagels were out so the Starring Roles bake shop was an idea that quickly had to be re-assessed by us. Instead we found out that the courter service at ABC Comissary had eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes (made me happy) and the traditional sit down breakfast fare, all in air conditioning! May I add that the meal was quite affordable and not crowded at all! We felt like we had found an oasis, because otherwise all the "diabetic friendly" breakfasts we found in MGM might have been some fruit at a stand on Sunset Blvd - eating outside in the heat under an umbrella.:( Without ADRs or a good plan - we found resort breakfasts (TS or CS or grab and go) were the sure way for us to get the nurishment we needed when as our party had a dietary issue. Also, my mom usually carries "just in case snacks" at all times when dining opions are limited for her health issue.

septembergirl
07-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Here's a tip:
Passporter's Special Needs Guide is a great reference for a diabetic or other dietary needs. That book covers so many topics including ADD and traveling with an infant. I was really surprised by that.

Ayndi
07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I got a good breakfast at both Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and at the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom.

Dedivah
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I got a good breakfast at both Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and at the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom.

Are they considered counter service?

moe513
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
At mgm we ate at the commisary and it wasnt too bad. We usually dont eat till 11:00 and then its an early lunch but diabetics cant wait.

sillyolbear
07-04-2007, 11:35 AM
This won't work for all the parks, but it is an option for MK. The resorts have CS and offer more than sweets. Hop on the resort monorail rather than the express and you could pick up breakfast at one the resorts.

Mousefever
07-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Are they considered counter service?

Sunshine Seasons is counter service, but Rain Forest Cafe is table service.

:dory:

ElenitaB
07-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Some great counterservice options for a "real breakfast" (i.e., not just pastries) in the parks are:

AK - Tusker House (let's see what happens when options open up when TH becomes a buffet though)
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
MK - at a loss here :(
MGM - can recommend the ABC Comissary (they also offer sugar-free syrup for their pancakes)

When going to the MK, we make it a point to have our breakfast prior to heading out to the park (though I have been known to indulge at the Main Street Bake Shop). It's a shame that the MK doesn't offer a less carb-centric breakfast though (or even a breakfast sandwich or burrito at the Bake Shop). I, for one, would like to see at least one CS location offer something for breakfast.

Pooh4Grumpy
07-04-2007, 04:31 PM
The Magic Kingdom Bake shop has a wonderful breakfast egg on a croissant.

ElenitaB
07-05-2007, 02:34 AM
The Magic Kingdom Bake shop has a wonderful breakfast egg on a croissant.
Thanks for letting us know... I never can seem to get passed the Apple Charlotte there. :blush:

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 09:36 AM
We would get breakfast at our resort, at the CS place. They had all the options that changed daily. Omelets, fruit, pancakes, eggs, potatoes, croisants, sandwiches. It was really great.

irish1967
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe for MK you could go to one of the monorail resorts and eat b-fast at their counter service there before heading to the parks.

TheRustyScupper
07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
1) Unfortunately, CS breakfasts at parks are hard to find.
2) I would eat at the resort before you leave in the morning.
3) Or, if off-site, stop at a restaurant.

4) Let's face it, if parks has breakfast, folks would eat it.
5)This would reduce the sales and profits at the resorts.
6) Sure you can get pastries.
7) But, I wouldn't look forward to breakfasts in the parks very soon.

PETE FROM NYC
07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Sunshine Seasons was not open early for breakfast when we were there.
I did ask several cast members for ideas ,and got no positive responses.
I am hoping to do another excursion to WDW in the next six months or so,and will try the other places mentioned here.

DisneyDudet
07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I would eat before leaving, and bring along breakfast bars and juice to snack on, since you will probably be eating early at your resort. We've packed these items in our suitcases and didn't have to buy them while we were there. Pop tarts work will too.. just don't take them out of the box when you pack them :blush:

Also, if you run out of all options and are prone having some hypogycemic issues, I suggest picking up some glucose tables (look like tums and such) and keep them in a bag or pocket. They increase blood glucose quickly, and they're fairly inexpensive. I picked some up for a friend at Target, but other stores with pharmacies also carry them.

CS breakfast is hard to come by, especially if you are wanting a full breakfast.

Terk24
07-16-2007, 09:48 AM
My favorite spot is at DD. Earl of Sandwich had wonderful breakfast sandwiches (ask for them on an english muffin!) and they are cheap and large.