PDA

View Full Version : Room Service

beksy
07-01-2007, 09:07 AM
We are staying at a resort for the first time this trip and I was wondering if anybody has tried room service and if so, how is it? We will be at the CR if that makes a difference. Mom's health isn't great and some evenings she just can't get out to a restaurant to eat so any input would be appreciated. TIA :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Room service is a luxury I tend to only indulge in when on a business trip (and therefore someone else is paying for it). I did order room service (well after midnight) when at the CR a few years ago, and think I had a sandwich because many of the other offerings weren't offered at that time of night. It was so long ago (and mixed among a fog of PowerPoint presentations), that I really don't remember how good it was. The one thing I don't recommend ordering room service at WDW is the pizza.

As for the CR in general... we stayed there in Dec 01 after I finished my first round of chemo. We had a tower room and the location couldn't have been better. Didn't have to walk far to anything, particularly the monorail. It's a great location :thumbsup:

vamaggie
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
The only room service we have had is pizza at WL (not recommended). Maybe someone could pick up a CS meal for your mom on the days she feels she can't make it to dinner?

Seasonscraps
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
We ordered room service @ the boardwalk a couple of times - just sandwiches. They were good and delivered in a timely fashion.

Dawneeeey
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi,

I have nevered ordered room service at WDW, but you could always get something packaged "to-go" from one of the restaurants I'm sure!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I can't speak for the WDW hotels, but I've stayed at quite a few hotels, having worked for one, and have always gotten decent food from room service. It might not be piping hot when it gets to you, but it's the same people cooking it that cook for the restaurants at the hotel.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I've order room service many many times at Contemporary, Yacht Club and my fav Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's been a wide variety from breakfast, complete dinners, sandwiches, late night snacks and desserts. With each resort and meal it's been wonderful. :thumbsup:

Have stayed at Coronado Springs and that is the only moderate resort that offered room service other than pizza delivery. Haven't had an opportunity to try it yet. Normal took food back to room from Pepper Market. Like my 10:45pm Prime Rib dinner sitting by the pool while laundry is being washed and dried. :D