PDA

View Full Version : wilderness lodge bus or boat?

playdead88
06-30-2007, 07:43 PM
from what i understand there is a character bfast bus that runs to wilderness lodge so we can get to magic kingdom for early bfast reservations but what about the rest of the time - is the only way to MK from WL by boat or is there bus service? :confused:

ibrowse17
06-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I do not think any of the MK resorts have bus service to the MK, only boats or the monorail. The WL may be like FW in that you only have boat service to the MK, and buses everywhere else.:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
06-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I recall that they do have bus service from the WL to the MK but I don't know about special character breakfast buses.

SgtTigger
06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Wilderness Lodge does have a bus to Magic Kingdom... Unlike most MK resorts.....

As far as an early breakfast I would check with them at check-in and make sure the bus would be running that early since I don't know what time you are looking to get there.......

They also have the boat but it does not start till like an hour of 1/2 hours before park opening...... The boat does get crowded too.....

:cop: :tigger:

TammiMcMan
06-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Wilderness Lodge does have a bus to Magic Kingdom... Unlike most MK resorts.....
Does it go directly to the MK? I know at one time it dropped guests at the TTC for the monorail. Didn't know if that had changed.

starrmomof2
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
When we were there in Sept, they were working on the bus terminal for WL at MK, so the only option was the boat. That being said, we had early reservations at the Crystal Palace before the park opened. We planned to take the boat to Mk that morning, but found out from the boat captain that ran the boat from WL to the Contemporary that it wouldn't be running til later. So we took the boat from WL to the Contemporary and since we were the only ones, he gave our sons trading cards of all the different types of boats and took our picture at the wheel. We then rode the monorail from the Contemporary to the MK. Again, since it was early and we were the only ones at the terminal, we asked to ride the front car and the boys received their 'jr pilot's license'. It actually turned out to be a great way to start the day and we enjoyed it more that we would have had we taken the direct boat.

Mousefever
07-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Does the boat to the Contemporary start much earlier than the boat to MK? If I had to get to MK from WL an hour before opening, would that be a viable option?

:dory:

playdead88
07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
i just got off the phone with wl and they said that there is bus service to mk and there is also character bfast buses that start running 1/2 hour prior to the 1st bfst reservation :bus:

SgtTigger
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM
i just got off the phone with wl and they said that there is bus service to mk and there is also character bfast buses that start running 1/2 hour prior to the 1st bfst reservation :bus:

Thats great....

also when we were there in June the bus was once again going straight to MK.... no TTC run.......

:cop: :tigger:

starrmomof2
07-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Does the boat to the Contemporary start much earlier than the boat to MK? If I had to get to MK from WL an hour before opening, would that be a viable option?

We had reservations at 8:05 for a 9 am opening. We were at the boat dock around 7 or so and the Contemporary boat arrived within 10 minutes. So, it worked for us (after momentary panic at the change in plans - wondering if it would work) and we got to MK about 10 minutes before they were letting people with early reservations through the gate. Again, at that time, there was no bus service from WL to MK, so options were limited.

castlelady36
07-02-2007, 02:12 PM
We leave for WL in 3 days and I am very glad they have added the bus transportation as another option. Thanks for the info!!!

playdead88
07-03-2007, 07:37 AM
have a great vacation! catch us up on the wl transportation when you get back :mickey: