PDA

View Full Version : Southwest ?

Jfamily
06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

I have a question about infants and boarding. This is my first time flying Southwest. The first time flying with an infant you have to produce thier birthcertificate when you check in so I can't check in prior to the morning I am leaving. Do they still let you board early with an infant or do I have to wait til my letter group is called? I am worried because I am also flying with my two older kids (9 and 7) and my mom. I am worried we won't be able to find seats together if we are in the last group.
Thanks for any advice.

jedi jen
06-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Families with kids under 4 (I think it is 4) can preboard. You will definitely be able to pre-board with an infant. Enjoy!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
If your child is sitting in your lap, then, yes, you'll have to go to the counter to check in and won't be able to check-in online. As for preboard, you'll definitely be able to preboard, and your kids should be able to go with you. As for whether or not they'll let your mom preboard with you...that's up in the air. Sometimes they let the whole party, sometimes only parents and children and the rest of the party has to wait in line. This is largely due to large parties abusing the preboard where you have like 1 infant and 5 adults wanting to preboard. It really has seemed to depend upon the airport as to how they handle it. If your mom is able, get her and your kids an A pass by checking them in early and then you and your baby preboard.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-01-2007, 12:05 AM
We have flown SW the past three years and they are great with Pre board. Our family of 5 (DD was under 3 each time and the boys were each under 9) were all able to pre board together. :thumbsup:

It was a great thing since we had our DD's car seat each flight and were gate checking the stroller. It is nice to be able to get the car seat all strapped in and Taylor all safe and sound in her seat without a plane of people walking by you and getting situated.

This is one of the many reasons we love SW!!

momofdisneyprincess
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
As the earlier poster stated, birth certificates are requested for all lap children so you cannot print boarding passes early. When I was travelling with my mom and DD they would not let her preboard. We just put a bag in the seat next to us and stated that someone was already sitting there if anyone asked. Everyone seemed to respect that. You shouldn't have a problem getting seats together.

KAT1811
07-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I haven't had any trouble preboarding either. This year should be interesting as we are traveling with all three children (10, 2, 8 months). As long as you're traveling with a child under the age of 3 (I thought it was 3 not 4) they'll let you preboard. As a previous poster said just place a bag on the seat next to you and tell anyone who askes that you have a family member sitting with you. I'm sure everyone can respect that!