PDA

View Full Version : Ordering at the pub at the R&C

KCMom
06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Can I go into the pub without a reservation and order an appetizer (mushrooms) and a pint for a little snack? Thanks!

MMouse6937
06-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes you can. When we were there last time we stopped in to cool off and have a beer and the table next to us had a whole bunch of food on the table. Not sure if it's a limited menu, I couldn't tell what they had ordered. It's a great place, I especially love the pub. Have fun! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
06-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, the answer is Yes and No.

Last year, for a brief period of time, the R&C stopped all food orders from the bar area. You couldn't get Fish & Chips or Cheese Plates or any other food items.

Then they had a refurbishment of the restaurant and you could only get crisps (potato chips) at the bar.

Nowadays, you can order some things - but on a very limited scale.

Things in the R&C seem to change quite often in this capacity, but recently you could order fries, fish&chips, cheese plate, and a few other items. Don't bank on being able to do it all the time, however!

We've also found that it's easy enough to get your own food and bring it into the pub (if you're lucky enough to snag one of the small pub tables!). Kids usually get those danged McNuggets next to Canada and we'll get fish &chips from outside (if unavailable inside). We sit at a table with our pints, and eat, drink, and be merry! :cheers:

KCMom
07-01-2007, 02:14 PM
thanks for responding. We are definately planning on a stop to the pub for a rest and a beer. I hope I can order my mushrooms! I love them.