PDA

View Full Version : Need a rental car for just two days

Jasminegirlsmom
06-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know how to rent a car when staying on-site? We need to rent a car for a couple days (2 of 7 day stay) and I don't want to rent at the airport and have to take a taxi back to the hotel after I drop it off. Can I rent a car somewhere on-site?

BronxTigger
06-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I think you can rent one at the Car Care Center, which is not too far from the Poly. It's by the Sports Complex.

I KNOW someone on this board has more information for you.

RockinRobin
06-30-2007, 02:32 PM
The Hilton across from DTD has a rental car place and they will pick you up at your resort take you back to the Hilton to fill out the paper work and give you the car you are renting. When we turned it back in we just walked over to DTD to shop and then caught a bus back to the resort.

DisneyCrazyET
06-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I was checking that info out for our Aug trip. Alamo is on Disney. You can get a shuttle from your hotel. You have to set that up in advance.
I believe the Swan or Dolphin also has rentals.
[other site information removed per Intercot's terms of service] has a lot of info on car rentals.

faline
06-30-2007, 04:38 PM
National and Alamo are both located on Disney property. Do check prices at both companies. Though the are sister organizations, I have found that there quotes for the same car and for the same time frame - even if rented from the same location - can differ.

If you rent from the car care center, they will send a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off.

lindique
06-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Just about all of the major rental agencies have offices on Disney property. In addition to Alamo at the Car Care Center, National and Alamo are at the Dolphin, Hertz is at Shades of Green, and Dollar, Avis, and Budget are at various hotels on Hotel Blvd in Downtown Disney. I believe they'll all pick you up - but it's easy to get to most of them with Disney transportation (except for the Car Care Center).

#1disneyfan
06-30-2007, 08:05 PM
We rented a car for the first half of our trip last June. We rented it in Ft Myers and we returned it at the car care center in WDW. I believe that National and Alamo are the two that are accepted there. We were staying at the AKL and we dropped off our luggage there, then drove to the car care center, dropped it off, then they shuttled us back to AKL. It was very easy and the whole process only took about an hour. I would definately make the ressies in advance though. There were alot of cars there, but I am not sure how quickly they sell out. Have a great trip.

Jasminegirlsmom
07-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the info. I was able to rent a car online from Alamo at the Car Care Center. Alamo gives you instructions for setting up a shuttle from your hotel to the CCC.

jans2kids
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
We also wanted a car for just 2 days, so we rented ours at the Swan. On the day we wanted to rent it, we spent the morning at Epcot then took the boat to the Swan and within 30 minutes drove away with our car. We returned it there 2 days later and then walked over to MGM for the day. I believe they are only pen until 4pm each day though.