PDA

View Full Version : Rain, Rain Go Away

Tinkermom
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
It has been raining here for 4 days! We went to see Evan Almighty the other night and I am thinking it may have been some sort of prophecy - LOL!;) My kids (and I!) are going crazy having to be stuck inside. We rented some movies yesterday and others must have had the same idea as Blockbuster was packed!

The weather forecasters are saying some areas around us may end up with over a foot of rain by the time this event is done. Some towns are having major flooding problems. Although so far our immediate area is not flooded our yard is starting to look like a lake.

Maybe we should start work on that ark...

MScholl13
06-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh I hear you. I'm very tired of the rain! Here where I live in Oklahoma I think it's rained everyday for the past 20+ days. The flooding has already been bad once and it's looking like it is heading that way again. Our lakes are almost full!

kakn7294
06-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Send some our way - it's been dry here and we could use the rain. Of course, it's supposed to rain on July 4th!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Can you leave the snakes, mice, rats, mosquitos etc off the Ark this time around? I know the ecology says they are needed but ick!

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Things are so out of balance with rain again this year. I feel so bad for all of you that are getting way too much, and we need it so bad. Our poor lawn is toast and the poor farmers have to be getting nervous.

DisneyDudet
07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Here in North Texas, it has rained almost every day for the past 45 days. We keep getting pounded with rain. We were the second wetest June ever. We missed it by half an inch. Our lakes are FEET above normal, when this time last year they were FEET below normal.

People are losing houses and other structures.

Please pray for us, we still have another week of this.

conorsmom2000
07-02-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that some of you are getting soaked! :( We've been having perfect weather, but of course, we are supposed to get rain and thunderstorms for the 4th of July. Mike and I were just discussing whether we need to cancel our party. :(

Hope you dry up soon and hopefully the areas that need it will get the rain instead!

MScholl13
07-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I think our area might be on the national news this week. We've had news helicopters and even a story on Yahoo about a nearby town, Coffeyville, KS.

Currently in my hometown of Bartlesville, OK there is one major road open from one side of the city to the other and there's even water on part of it. I actually had the first part of the day off because my boss called and told us not to come to work! They have been letting water out of both lakes to the north of Bartlesville because they are completely full and there are road closings and flooding everywhere around here. It's actually quite scary.

I just wish this rain would end!