PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

Figaro0826
06-30-2007, 12:43 AM
:mickey: My DH and I, just booked our 1st anniversary trip at the Wilderness Lodge. I have been reading that some of the rooms have gone through remodeling. Does any one out there, have a favorite room or suggest what floor or room numbers to ask for?
We are getting in early that morning, taking the first flight out of Dallas . The plan is to
just check in and take in the resort. We visited it one evening last year on our honeymoon and the lobby was our favorite. Were only staying 2 nights in August . Only 53 days away!!!!!!:marg:

wdw_bound
06-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Beware: once you stay at WL, you won't want to go anywhere else!

What type of room did you book? We had a standard view last year that overlooked the lobby, which was great. The view from our balcony included rooftops which some would say was not good, but we were fine with it as it was very quiet and secluded.

I believe all the rooms have been refurbed by now. We loved the decor - and the flatscreen TV!

We got there early as well and enjoyed the pool and just hanging out in the lobby. A word of caution, though. Our room was not ready until 4 pm, so keep that in mind before you get in the pool. There are restrooms to change in, but for us that's not quite the same. If you can get a lunch ressie at WCC, we enjoyed it as much as dinner.

Enjoy your trip! We're already excited about our next WL visit - and it's not until December!

Figaro0826
06-30-2007, 03:44 PM
We booked a standard room. From staying on property before, the view was'nt a big deal, we were always busy, just slept there.
Our plan is after check in , to take the boat, then monarail to the Poly for lunch. That is one resort we did'nt get to check out last trip.
Do you know about the WL tours? Times, etc.
:mickey:

Harriet
06-30-2007, 03:52 PM
All the rooms have been re-done. I was there in November and had a Courtyard view room and it was great. My room was on the 5th floor 5029 and located right around the corner from the elevators and it was so easy to slip down to Roaring Forks and the pool. When I wanted to go to the loppy instead of trying to walk up that long ramp I would walk around on my floor and get to the Elevadors that are located right in the lobby worked like a charm. When you have a bad leg that ramp can kill you. I had a resis for breakfast at WCC and checked in afterwords and as luck would have it my room was ready so that was super. I have gotten there at times when you had to wait for a room so it all depends when the previous parties check out and the room get cleaned.Try and get an upper floor room as the view so so much nicer and quiter.