PDA

View Full Version : World of Disney NYC

Suz36
06-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Anyone ever been to WOD NYC? If so, please let me know what it's like. Are there long lines for the character greetings? Any must sees? Thanks for any info!

castlegirl
06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I was at WOD in NYC in December '06. To me, it was along the lines of Mouse Gear at Epcot. Lots to choose from and a little bit of everything. At least 2 floors. Clothes, housewares, pins for trading on first floor and toys, collectables, and character greeting on second floor. Since it was right after Christmas, Goofy was dressed in a Santa outfit. CM took photo with Photo Pass card. There is a website for WOD. DD bought a Mickey in the shape of Statue of Liberty. WOD & NYC merchandise. Hope this helps. Have fun shopping!:mickey:

Dizneyfan
06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Never been, but would love to go!:mickey:

princessimagineer
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah it was just like mouse gear, thats a good comparison.

i believe it was 3 floors though, the third floor had like the artwork and crystals and the fancey disney stuff.

i honestly dont remember character greeting. it obviosly exsists, i just couldnt tell you how long lines were or anything.

the last time i was there was around the time the second POTC came out so pirate memorobilia was everywhere.

im the type of person that if im at the mall i just have to walk into the disney store, just for fun.

BklynChick
06-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I love WOD-NYC, it helps me get my Disney fix between trips. Great selection of pins. Last month on a Friday afternoon, they were almost begging people to line up for the character greeting. However it is probably busier on weekends and in the summer.

BronxTigger
06-30-2007, 06:30 AM
The other posters pretty much described it. The lines are hit or miss; the greetings are on the 3rd floor. It depends on what character is there and your timing, as well as how crowded it is.

The store is 3 above ground stores, plus a small basement where customer service and the bathrooms are. I think they offer a princess tea for little girls; I've seen moms signing their DDs up in the basement. The first floor has pins, children's stuff (some clothes, etc), housewares, and NYC Disney stuff. The first floor also has the seasonal items.
The second floor has the stuffed animals, DVDs, miscellaneous toys, and the build your own Mr. Potato Head and some other fill-your-own things (like Pirates).
The third floor is art and character greetings. It also has brochures for Disney trips.
I think that's about it. I don't know where you're from, but the store is at 55th and 5th, near Central Park, FAO Schwartz, and the Apple Store.

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-30-2007, 06:31 AM
We've been a few times as we are Jersey people. We were there right before Christmas and a couple other non-peak times. Never a wait for characters. It is 3 floors + a basement with coat check. Go to their website as it gives you a really good view of what they have to offer. It also has the character greeting schedule. Have fuN!
Jen

like2workout
07-02-2007, 09:02 AM
who are some of the characters that appear there?

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
The characters vary pretty much monthly. I think Cinderella is a standard. Check their website for current character schedule.
Good luck!
Jen

Suz36
07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Well, we survived NY, and the WOD was great! Got some neat NYC pins, and got to meet Captain Jack Sparrow!! It will definitely help me to make it to our next trip. Thanks for all of the info!!

snifflesmcg
07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Oooooh, I'm going to have to go there. NYC is a mere hour and a half from me (it would be less if it wasn't for all that traffic). I should check it out!

ImagiAsh
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, we survived NY, and the WOD was great! Got some neat NYC pins, and got to meet Captain Jack Sparrow!! It will definitely help me to make it to our next trip. Thanks for all of the info!!

Hmm Captain Jack Sparrow... I might have to take a walk down there after work one of these days. :)