PDA

View Full Version : Another baby died left in the car

Marilyn Michetti
06-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I was moved by another thread in Mousellaneous about a toddler that had been left in the sun outside a ride at WDW. The child was O.K., but another one died today - not at WDW, but four miles from my home in Mesa, Az. It died in the hospital I volunteer in.

It was 112 degrees out today, and a father picked up his three month old at daycare. Sadly, when he got home, he forgot the infant in the car. When they realized, two hours later, the baby had died in a car that was 158.6 degrees. No charges are being filed.

It CAN happen accidently. These parents are beyond grief, but it just plain happens too much. Out here, seeing a pet or child in a car is a 911 call, or we break the window with a tire iron.

This is just too tragic !!!:(

mickeysworld
06-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh Marilyn, this is so tragic. It just breaks my heart to hear. Before moving back to Florida last year, we lived in Ahwatukee, and it always broke my heart to hear these stories (and the swimming pool drownings) on the evening news.

SBETigg
06-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Oh how sad, how awful! What a tragedy.

Sunshine1010
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
That poor child...!!!!!!

nicole48040
06-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm truly sorry for these people but honestly, have you ever forgotten a baby in the car????? I just don't see remembering to pick the baby up but forgetting it in the car.......and 2 whole hours?????? Something sounds REALLY fishy about this to me.:(

marlyn
06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh my heart is breaking...what a tragic thing to happen. :( :(

disneydeb
06-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't understand how any one can forget and leave their child in a car. I feel sorry for the parents and what they will go through for the rest of their lives. I feel even more sorry for the baby left in the car . Tragic.

RedSoxFan
06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Very Tragic:(

scottgr
06-29-2007, 09:59 PM
How sad for that baby. I just don't understand how a father could forget.

MsMin
06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I find it incredible to think that someone could forget a child in the car. I get angry with myself when I leave a 12pk of cokes and they explode in the heat. How does one get over the guilt of leaving your baby and the visions of what that baby went through. I've seen it happen here--it does happen too often. It's tragic. :(

Dizneyfan
06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
That is sooooo sad.:crying:

conorsmom2000
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Reading this just broke my heart. I don't even know how to express how tragic this is. :( :( :(

DisneyLandMomma
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
soo sad. This happened a few weeks ago here in my town too!! Poor baby!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I have three kids, I can't imagine forgetting them anywhere..Let alone the car. :(

That poor baby.

kakn7294
06-30-2007, 12:08 AM
I can't imagine ever forgeting a child in the car, but it happens far too often. Those poor parents - how do you ever get past something so tragic?

BrerGnat
06-30-2007, 12:27 AM
I feel very sad for what that poor baby went through, and only 3 months old! :(

However, I don't care how many times people say "it happens". Responsible parents who love their children do NOT "forget" and leave them in the car...EVER. No one is that forgetful. How does one remember to pick up the baby but then FORGET that he picked up the baby??? Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad parents out there, and even worse, parents who truly don't love their children. These people should not be allowed to reproduce...

Sorry so blunt, but there is NO excuse for this sort of thing.

rnin02
06-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Forgetting a baby in the car...especially right after picking them up from daycare, seems like an extremely difficult thing to do. I just can't imagine that. And think what that father must feel...he must be in a ton of pain. How do you forget your baby in the car?

Tinkerfreak
06-30-2007, 06:56 AM
A few years ago there was a father who forgot to drop his baby off at daycare before going to work. I guess he was exhausted from lack of sleep (not unusual with a new baby) and forgot to drop him off. He parked the car and rushed into work and did not realize he had forgoten the baby until his wife called to say the daycare had called and said he had not dropped the baby off. I do know what it is like to go days without sleep after having a baby but I guess I just can't imagine being so tired that I forgot about my baby. I guess I will not judge anyone because I do not know what happened and I guess it is possible.

mrsgaribaldi
07-04-2007, 02:14 AM
That is truly terrible. Something that I think could have been avoided, the poor baby and the poor parents.

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 03:55 AM
:( How very awful - my heart goes out to these people. While I can't imagine forgetting that my child is in the car, I also can't imagine what they are going through right now. How very, very sad. :(

alilprincessmom
07-04-2007, 06:29 PM
This makes very little sense to me! How horrific! I cannot imagine forgetting my child in the car, and cannot imagine how anyone can! Imagining what that infant went through in those two hours just breaks my heart!

crazypoohbear
07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't get it. Don't these parents talk with their children while driving. OR look in the mirror to see if they are okay.
My sister and I were discussing this and I have always talked to my boy's just bablling away about the day. YES even at three months. This is what gets babies talking and babbling themselves. I was constantly turning around and checking in the mirror, "were they too hot, too cold, did they lose the blanky, plug, toy etc.
I dont' get it. I feel very sorry for the parents but I just don't get it:confused:

Tiggerlovr9000
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I have three kids, I can't imagine forgetting them anywhere..Let alone the car. :(

That poor baby.
When my daughter was 4 I accidently left her at the local gas station. While getting gas and writing the check I just never heard her get out of the car. It was also summer and as soon as we got home they would get out of the car and go play. Never realized it until the gas attendent called my house. After that I always counted heads. I always joke that the only thing my youngest dd will remember from her first WDW trip was me constantly calling her name.. So I can definitely see how you can get distracted especially if the baby was a sleep. BY the way I am not a bad parent but one that had too much on my plate that day. I love my kids and they will all tell you I am over protective and always have been. So for all you parents who think it couldn't happen to you, just be glad it hasn't..I feel so sorry for the parents and hope they can cope...

Sunshine1010
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Tracey...I commend you for sharing.

January-2007
07-05-2007, 12:15 PM
This makes my heart ache.

Mousefever
07-05-2007, 12:34 PM
While I have never forgotten my son in the car, I did forget to buckle him into the carseat a couple of times. I also once locked myself out of the car with him in it. Luckily the temperatures were moderate. I consider myself to be a very conscientious parent. My son is 9 and still in a booster seat, for heaven's sake! I guess my point is, for as good as a parent as I try to be, there are situations I've put my son in that could have been tragic. There but for the grace of God go I.

:dory:

mjaclyn
07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Stories like this make me physically ill. I can't even watch the news anymore because of all the terrible things happening in the world. I feel SO badly for that poor little baby. I would never forgive myself if I left my DD in the car and something bad happened to her. It just goes to show that you really need to be SO careful with children. My heart goes out to the parents as well, but forgetting the baby in the car..ugh. How awful.