PDA

View Full Version : Beers Around the World

OogieBoogieMan
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
We went down to Disney last week for a very brief trip to take a look at our new home. We arrived at MCO at 9:15PM and realized we had time for Extra Magic Hours at Epcot and headed off after checking in at OKW. We were only down for 24 hours so we figured we might as well get a couple of hours in at Epcot. At any rate I headed to Canada for a beer and there was a line ahead of me. The person in front of me seemed a bit confused and as I listened it became apparent he was indeed a bit confused. He wanted to pay for the Beers Around the World special and explained he heard it was something you could do at Epcot. The cast member politely explained it was indeed something you could do at Epcot but that it wasn't officially sanctioned by Disney. It sounded like he thought you could get a passport stamped with beers (not a bad idea!). He wasn't giving up on the idea so she suggested a half yard at England might be a good alternative. He agreed and off he went. I was amused and being fond of beer at Epcot myself it got me to thinking that we need a beer poll. Anyone care to cast a vote on the favorite beer from around the world? I know I don't have them all listed but the poll is limited to 10 choices so I went with the major ones.:beer:

Natazu
06-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Boddington's for me. (UK)

EvilQueen2006
06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
UK- black and tan

biodtl
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Do I have to pick just one? I love beer around the world! I went with Carlsburg, because it has nostalgic value for me.

tinksmom02
06-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I voted for Harp. It reminds me of my Ireland pub crawl in 2001 (what I can remember of it, anyway LOL).

ibrowse17
06-30-2007, 12:43 AM
While I love German beers, NOTHING beats a black and tan:thumbsup:

DrumTastik
06-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I went with franziskaner, as I am very fond of good German brews. However, nothing beats the Food and Wine Fest for a good solid offering of international beers (not to mention the perennial Sam Adams Festival Brew masterpiece).

Prost!:beer:

kgoulash
07-01-2007, 08:02 AM
i went with franzikaner (SP?) as well
nothing beats a wheat beer on a hot afternoon!

Dawneeeey
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Hubby says the dark Sam Adams from last year's F&W Festival was the best, but out of what you had listed, Bass. :beer:

momef3grls
07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
I voted for the Franziskaner. Hubby and I both love it (I even named my rottie Franzi:blush:). Hate to be a spoiler but the Sam festival brew is just their Octoberfest and packaged with a different label. Hubby is a beer salesman who works with Sam Adams.

DrumTastik
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I voted for the Franziskaner. Hubby and I both love it (I even named my rottie Franzi:blush:). Hate to be a spoiler but the Sam festival brew is just their Octoberfest and packaged with a different label. Hubby is a beer salesman who works with Sam Adams.

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree. The Festival Brew is a small run batch that is a different style for each F&W Fest. This last year's was a Porter and was very good. It's flavor profile has much more roasted malt and sweetness than the Octoberfest. Your husband has a great job, I actually own a craft beer bar in Texas. The Sam people are great to deal with!

Sorry for the thread jack:blush:

Crow
07-02-2007, 10:18 AM
went w UK like Black & Tan. or the sampler if eating there.
now my fav used to be Norway when Ringnes was there:mad:
i like to try diff :beer::marg: so even though i drink Dos Equis some or Moosehead etc at home i drink diff ones at Epcot to try
so when does the Beer around the world passport start? Hm mayb i should print something to help me track

Stickey
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
My favorite is the Franziskaner.

Honorable mention for the Lowenbrau Oktoberfest, Boddington's, and the Mooshead pale ale.

:beer::beer::beer:

NJRRK
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Give me a Guiness (Black and Tan).