PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach Or Typhoon Lagoon

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I am a 14 yr old and was wondering wich waterpark is best for kids my age.

I also saw on a disney special that u can surf in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is this true?

marlyn
06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi...yes you can take surf lessons in the typhoon lagoon wave pool! It is done before or after park hours and costs extra.

For your age, I would recommend Blizzrd Beach. My boys are 12 and BB is their fav!! Lots of thrills there!

WorldTraveler
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Typhoon Lagoon has a better wave pool, has water slides where you do not ride on anything and now has the water coasters. However, Blizzard Beach has faster and better tube rides. We find Blizzard Beach more tiring and never last as long as we do at Typhoon Lagoon ( My teenager as well).
If possible, you have got to try each park as they each have some great things to do.
Good luck planning.

wendybird
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I think BB seems more exciting for kids your age, but I prefer the laid back tropical feel of TL. My husband took the surf lessons at TL and they were a blast, but you have to be there VERY early. I don't remember what time exactly, but it was still dark when we arrived out front. They were expensive, but class is very small and you can bring someone with you to watch and it is no cost for them. After the lesson, we were able to remain in the park and get our spot early before the rest of the people were let in for the day (we had options on our ticket for entry fee).

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I think for your age BB there is a great area thats not a kid play area but not an adult area. And the Toboggan Slides are a lot of fun.

Nekochan
07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I think you have to be 16 for the surfing lessons. I think you'd enjoy either park - TL's wave pool is a real wave pool, BB's is a 'bobbing' pool.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Our family prefers TL! BB was too exhausting and on a busy day there were LOTS of tikes!

Best bet is to try both and make your own opinion!

Either way you will have fun!

DisneyFanatic11
07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Depends on how you two are.

If you really just want relaxing and a really great place to swim (with huge waves), then I say go to Typhoon Lagoon.

However, if you're a huge thrillseeker and want to ride huge water slides and like to move around, then I say go to Blizzard Beach.

I prefer BB, actually.

jszczur5
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Teenagers and adventurous 'tweens will prefer Blizzard Beach, as there are more of the big thrill slides. Adults and younger kids will prefer the more relaxed atmosphere and beach at typhoon Lagoon.