PDA

View Full Version : Disney Land

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
06-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I have been researching Disneyland and Disney World and i have found Disneyland is about $500 more.

Why is this?

Lucille
06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
All of the hotels at DL tend to fall into the Deluxe category when compared to WDW. There really isn't the equivalent of All Stars or Pop.

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Thank you

BrerGnat
06-30-2007, 12:11 AM
That is true, the hotels are more expensive, but the park hoppers are MUCH cheaper! If you will be going for more than 4 days, buy a Deluxe AP and you can get at LEAST a 10% discount on the room, unless they release a special offer and then it could be a bigger discount.

autumn
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
food is also more expensive at disneyland. your basic combo meal with drink at disney world is $8-9, while at disneyland it's closer to $10-11. the exact same ice cream bar is $2.50 at world and $4.00 at land. i guess the overall cost of living is way higher in LA than in orlando...otherwise i don't know why they do that. :confused:

IrishMickey
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
:mickey:We are going to Dl for two days in Aug::, staying at the Dl Hotel, if we were to double the cost of this trip we could go to WDW, stay at the POP, meals and tickest inlcuded for 10 days. Needless to say, I still love Disneyland more, no matter the cost. DH would rather spend the money and go to WDW. The craziest thing is that a lot of the snacks are cheaper at WDW too, we thought that was weird, you would think a bottle of water would be the same everywhere. :scratch:

Carol
07-10-2007, 12:34 PM
It's regional. It's much cheaper to live in Florida. I didn't find the prices bad in California. I live in New York - so I'm used to paying more for every little thing.

There are 2 parks as opposed to 4 - hence passes are cheaper in California.

:mickey:We are going to Dl for two days in Aug::, staying at the Dl Hotel, if we were to double the cost of this trip we could go to WDW, stay at the POP, meals and tickest inlcuded for 10 days. That is like comparing day and night. POP is nowhere near the likes of the Disneyland Hotel.

BrerGnat
07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
food is also more expensive at disneyland. your basic combo meal with drink at disney world is $8-9, while at disneyland it's closer to $10-11. the exact same ice cream bar is $2.50 at world and $4.00 at land. i guess the overall cost of living is way higher in LA than in orlando...otherwise i don't know why they do that. :confused:

I can tell you that is definitely NOT true. Apples to apples, it's practically the same price. (I'm talking comparing something like a cheeseburger, fries, soda meal). Now, DL does have a LOT more CS places that are to the likes of Tusker House, where it is more like a cafeteria, and there, the prices reflect the better quality of the food/size of the portions. However, overall, the CS food portions and prices are similar. I would argue, however, that the FOOD QUALITY is better at DL by more than a slight margin.

Also, the ice cream treats are the same price at DL and WDW...perhaps there is a 50 cent markup at DL, but I am VERY familiar with both places and I can tell you that the food prices at DLR are in line with what they are at WDW.