PDA

View Full Version : First Time Planning--A Few Questions

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
My best friend is moving to South Korea at the end of this year/beginning of next. As I am going to WDW a week from tomorrow (YAY!) he told me how much he would really like to go to WDW himself, as the last time he went he was 3 (he's 22 now). So the idea popped into my head that me and our other two closests friends plan a trip to WDW for December as a suprise Christmas/going away present for him. If we can pull it off, we're going to have his parents make up a lie to tell him so he can request off of work and suprise him at the last second. We would arrive at Disney December 17 and check out the 20th, not going to a park on the 20th (3 days, 4 nights).

Looking at the costs, we rounded it up to 700 dollars per person (split 3 ways; my best friend wouldn't pay anything except for gifts if he wanted them). This includes ticket/hotel, gas money, and the extra option for the meal plan.

Here are my questions: is it better to book through Disney or through a travel agent? How far in advance do I need to book the hotel rooms since it's near Christmas time? We would be staying at one of the value resorts.

I'm sorry if this sounds too long--I never planned a trip to Disney myself, and I really would love for this to happen. I always wanted to take him there, and this may be my last chance. Thank you all in advance for helping me. :mickey:

Dedivah
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Book through Magical Journeys they will help you with everything. :thumbsup:

www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

gauvin4
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Another vote for Magical Journeys. They are fantastic and will be very helpful to you.:mickey: Hope you have a great trip.

krose78
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
I would book soon. Especially so you could get any ADRs that you would want.

vamaggie
06-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Email Magical Journeys now!!!! They are wonderful and will help you plan everything. Make ADRs if you can before you leave for your trip next week (and/or try to get them while you are there if you can). It sounds like a great "send-off" and I am sending you pixie dust :tink:to hopefully help make it happen!

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far! I am looking into MJ right now.

My main problem is that I still don't even know if it can happen. While I'm saving right away to pay my part of the total cost, I'm not sure if the others two payers will have the money in enough time for me to book the reservations before the hotel is booked solid. If they need the money right away, then I can't book it. Also, I don't know if there would be a fee in case we had to cancel the reservations.

I'm crossing my fingers and wishing for pixie dust that I can pull this off.

pixiegoose
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
You only need to put a $200 deposit down to book your package/room/whatever. The balance is due 45 days prior to check-in (or as soon as you can pay it). If you have to cancel, you can get 100% of what've you've paid back if you cancel by the 45 days mark. Between 44 days and a week prior, you can get everything back minus a $100 fee. If you cancel later than that, I think you can get it back minus a $200 fee. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. We weren't sure if we'd be able to actually go on our trip this September but I booked anyway and just paid the deposit until we knew for sure we'd actually be able to go and I made sure that we'd be able to get our money back if we couldn't go.

Good luck and I hope you and your friends are able to go!

January-2007
06-30-2007, 02:19 PM
You could make a room only reservation now to gaurantee your spot at the resort and then convert it into a package later on down the line when more funds are available from those going. This would mean you'd only have to put down a deposit equal to one night's stay and could cancel up to 5 days prior. I would either do this on my own over the phone with Disney Travel (which is what I always do) or go through Magical Journeys. Happy planning!