PDA

View Full Version : Brer Rabbit and Robin Hood

DisneyNut2005
06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I've noticed that Brer Rabbit and Robin Hood have not been out in the parks for meet-and-greets for more than a year now and I miss them.

WDW had better bring them out for sets again soon!

plutoboy
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Brer Rabbit vanished once Brer Fox was re-introduced over a year ago. From what I remember, when I was friends of the characters, that Robin Hood was scheduled for a refurb and the rumor at that time was that once it was complete that he and Maid Marian woudl appear together.

like2workout
06-29-2007, 02:05 PM
why was brer fox pulled from making appearances, then brought back? i was told the same thing by a cast member about 2 years ago. she said he looked too scary for younger kids, but since he's back, he looks exactly the same to me. he's one of my favorites.

MizMissy
06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
We have a picture with Robin Hood and Friar Tuck at MGM last September.

DisneyNut2005
06-29-2007, 02:45 PM
why was brer fox pulled from making appearances, then brought back? i was told the same thing by a cast member about 2 years ago. she said he looked too scary for younger kids, but since he's back, he looks exactly the same to me. he's one of my favorites.

He was pulled to get a redesign...and he got it.

They still have to bring Brer Rabbit back out for sets again. And I understand that he WILL return eventually. From what I understand, the reason for his current absense is because of staffing.

plutoboy
06-29-2007, 02:58 PM
The overall appearance of Brer Fox is still the same as before but he is definitely "furrier" looking than he has been in the past. The teeth don't seem to be as dominant as they used to be. The cast member was correct in that he was a little too scary for kids before....he's more gentle looking now.

Character redesigns are often done to make the character appearance more friendly and many times modifications are made for the safety and comfort of the performer.

milhouse
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I just checked my pics from my May trip and I have one of Brer Rabbit. He walked out with the dancers for the Ho-Down in Frontierland. Maybe he does this but not the greets.

joanna71985
06-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I just checked my pics from my May trip and I have one of Brer Rabbit. He walked out with the dancers for the Ho-Down in Frontierland. Maybe he does this but not the greets.

Not anymore.