PDA

View Full Version : All the initials?

Gottaluvgoof
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I am new to the board but not new to the World. I have been numerous times, yet I am still having a hard time figuring out some of the initials used on this board. Is there a place to decipher all the initials so I know what people are talking about? :confused: I feel like a dummy. Did anyone else have trouble with all the initials from the beginning?

T--
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Yep, same problem 4 days ago.
Here ya go, goofy.
Abbreviations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp)

Gottaluvgoof
06-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Thank you so much! I'm printing them out right now. Don't want to be the board dummy. :D

JPL
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Wait until you start talking to non-board people and using the abbreviations in e-mails or IMs :blush:

carley
06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
wonderful thank you for the abbreviations was feeling a little "off" myself... getting alot of wonderful info for our first trip from intercot

grumpycajun
06-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't feel like a dummy! I still have to whip out the hard copy on occasion.:mickey:

Jasper
06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't feel bad, I have been on this board since almost the very beginning and I still struggle with them sometimes!!

angedeaile
06-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Wait until you start talking to non-board people and using the abbreviations in e-mails or IMs :blush:

LMAO! I do that all the time! Infact I am so bad, I actually use abbreviations when I am talking to someone!

ADR is the one I use the most. That or I call it a ressie and folks are like...what are you talking about?!

TheRustyScupper
06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
1) Don't worry.
2) After a little while, you will be completely conversant.

3) Now, what about granddaughter's cell phone text shorthand . . .

princessimagineer
06-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank you so much! I'm printing them out right now. Don't want to be the board dummy. :D

printing. hmm i never thought of that. i ususally just open another internet window and have that off to the side for reference.

im getting fluent though!

lol is anone else an AIM junkie also and sometimes says things like "lol" and "idk" out loud... now i add things like "IASM" and "ADR" to the list...

snifflesmcg
06-30-2007, 07:18 PM
i ususally just open another internet window and have that off to the side for reference.

That's what I do too. Only problem I ever have (for the most part) is when two things have the same initals. (CP or ASM). I do some real guesswork as to which one it is.

magicofdisney
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Does anyone else say C-M when talking about CMs? One time I was at Disney and I started talking with a CM about my reservation CM and I kept referring to him as a C-M. Then it suddenly occurred to me, perhaps she actually calls him a Cast Member. :mickey:

PeterPanFan
07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I am slowly learning them. I just dont understand why people cant type the whole world. What is it going to take 2 extra minutes?

:mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Yes - I do that all the time and get the strangest responses! Most of my close friends have figured out its and intercotism (or "that disney group you belong to!") and wait for me to catch myself and translate for them. :mickey:

disneyfan1124
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
The first time I visited the site (advice from friend over a year ago!) I thought I was on another planet! It seemed as though everything I tried to read was some abreviated version of something and I thought you "must have to be part of the club in order to understand." I didn't give up though and I kept searching the site and stumbled on the info page with all the abreviations! Every now and then someone puts something out there that stumps me and I have to laugh as I read the posting out loud trying to figure it out. I still refer to the site info page though!

IloveDisney71
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Thank goodness somebody asked this question! I just joined this month and have been trying my best to figure out all these abbreviations. I just printed a list to keep close to my computer.

John
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
As a courtesy to others - we ask that folks spell it all out the first time they use one of these terms in a post.... such as:

We went over to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) first and then rode the monorail to Epcot. The TTC isn't far from the Polynesian (Poly) - in fact, you can walk from there.

The reality however is - that most people jump right to the abbreviation. Not much we can do...

Anyway, if you can remember, it's a nice thought to try to help others learn :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
As a courtesy to others - we ask that folks spell it all out the first time they use one of these terms in a post.... such as:

We went over to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) first and then rode the monorail to Epcot. The TTC isn't far from the Polynesian (Poly) - in fact, you can walk from there.

The reality however is - that most people jump right to the abbreviation. Not much we can do...

Anyway, if you can remember, it's a nice thought to try to help others learn :mickey:

That never crossed my mind. I am one that jumps right to abbreviations. :blush:

Sorry to all that do not know the abbreviations yet. I know I will try to be better about using them!! :)

pixiesmimi
07-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm kind of a newbie to computer language also and sometimes if I can't figure it out, I have to ask DD what the abbreviations mean. :) But I am quickly becoming a computer literate Fairy Grandmother.:blush: Thanks for giving us the link to all of them. This helps a lot.