PDA

View Full Version : Disney 5 weeks after knee replacement!

Here we go again...
06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, I am outta here tomorrow morning!! :mickey:
I go to therapy at 8am and we are headed out right after I finish. I can't believe the trip is finally here!!! I have been so bored for the last 5 weeks and need a Disney fix bad.

I saw the doctor yesterday and she said that she thought for sure I would have cancelled the trip... according to her, 5 weeks after knee replacement is just too soon to take a trip like this. I had to ask her, "When have I ever listened or done what I am supposed to do?"
She said I can go but can not walk more than 2 to 3 hours a day. Any more than that might cause me to relapse. Since I am planning an hour or more in the gym every morning, I guess that does not give me too much extra walking time. Good thing I rented an EVC.

I look at it this way... I am in pain and recovering from major surgery. What difference does it make if I recover at home bored, or in Disney having the time of my life?? :cloud9:
I will be careful and take it slow. As a matter of fact, we might end up chilling at the resort most of the time because of the heat.

I am not promising live trip reports this time. I always end up too tired to get them done on time. So, I will talk to yall in about 10 days!!

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Beast_fanatic
06-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Have fun Angel!

And, be nice to your new knee!

vizsla
06-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

WishingStar2006
06-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Have a wonderful time.

I too just had knee surgery and have been told by dr. and therapist that an ECV is a MUST for our upcoming 13 day visit.

Can you reserve those in advance? Are you using the WDW ECV or did you get one from another company?

Thanks for the info and have a great, great time! :mickey:

alpro2
06-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Have a great trip! :mickey:

Here we go again...
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Have a wonderful time.

I too just had knee surgery and have been told by dr. and therapist that an ECV is a MUST for our upcoming 13 day visit.

Can you reserve those in advance? Are you using the WDW ECV or did you get one from another company?

Thanks for the info and have a great, great time! :mickey:

I am using an outside company, AA scooter. I am paying $27.00 a day, compared to Disney ay $35.00 a day (plus a $5.00 key deposit)
There are many companies to choose from. I do not know if any are Intercot sponsors but I am sure someone will let us know.
See yall in a week!!

mrsgaribaldi
06-29-2007, 09:12 AM
It sounds like you really deserve this trip Angel. I hope you have a great time. Here's some :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for your knee and for a magical trip:thumbsup::mickey:

kakn7294
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Have a great trip Angel! Even though you don't like to listen to your doctors, please don't overdo it. After all, you do want to be able to go back pain-free in the future!

Marilyn Michetti
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
You won't really overdo it much - your knee will start barking like crazy, and you'll take it easy.

Your Dr. doesn't want you to get hurt, so do your best. The ECV is a MUST. Get a red one - people see them better. Well.....,maybe not, but you'll feel like the hot mama you are.

Have fun.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2007, 10:16 AM
You go Angel!! Have a fabulous time -- and don't overdo it!! :thumbsup:

grumpycajun
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Angel,

Have a great time on your well-deserved trip.:mickey: Take it easy on the knee, but do whatever you feel up to doing.

We're one day behing you!:cloud9:

P.S. I see y'all are from Lafayette... In that case - Laissez les bon temps roulez, cher!!!!

biodtl
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I am using an outside company, AA scooter. I am paying $27.00 a day, compared to Disney ay $35.00 a day (plus a $5.00 key deposit)

I wish we would have done this. DH didn't think he would need one (he did) and the savings would have been great, but also having it at places other than the parks.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
That is great news!! Have a great time and take it easy on that knee. :mickey:;)

Lizzie
06-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Have a great trip!

Marilyn Michetti
06-30-2007, 11:25 AM
One more thought. Check out to see if your resort has a hot tub. That's where I spend awhile every night at SOG.:thumbsup:

princessjojo
06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Have a wonderful well deserved trip!!!