PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for short visit

VickiP
06-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a new Disney nickname at work because of my love for Disney. Because of my new found 'fame', I was selected to go to a conference for work in November in Orlando. I will be able to fly down Monday morning and spend most of the day on my own at WDW. On Tuesday and Thursday, the conference is over at 5:00 and Wednesday and Friday, it's over at 3:00. I'll have to fly home on Saturday, unless I pay for another night's stay.

SO, my question is - what would you do? I'm thinking since park hours are shorter during that time, I'll probably not pay to go to the parks on Tue. & Thur. I had thought about checking out one of the resorts (like AKL) and eating supper there. The other days, I'll probably try to get to a park. Another question, would you do MVMCP by yourself? There is a Friday party and I'd love to go, but I won't get out of the conference until 3:00 and then have to go by myself. Would it be worth the extra money since I think you need admission plus the party ticket?

Thanks! I've never done WDW by myself!

Beast_fanatic
06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
You may be able to buy discounted tickets through your conference for the days that you'll only have a few hours available. You'll have to check with your conference to find out though.

I would go to MNSSHP. You do not have to have a day of park admission if you just go to the party - they typically start letting guests in with just their party tickets around 4pm.

And, Disney by yourself is fun as you get to do whatever you want to without having to worry about pleasing others. :thumbsup:

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I love MVMCP and wouldn't hesitate to go alone! Since the number of tickets available for the party, the crowds are still lower than they would be on a normal day and the park is open later, you'd be able to get more quality time in the park.

Also, the price difference for a few extra days on the ticket isn't all that much. (a 5 day regular ticket is only $14 more than a 3 day regular ticket.)

I'm not sure where you're staying when you go to Orlando, but if it's on Disney property something else to look into for time in the parks are the evening Extra Magic Hours. You may be able to plan your park days for days with EMH's.

Also, as the MVMCP is considered a "hard ticket" item, I don't think you need an additional park admission ticket, as you are paying for admission that night. (Someone please correct me if I'm misunderstanding that) You just wouldn't be able to get into the park before the party.

VickiP
06-29-2007, 07:40 PM
The conference is actually at a hotel off-site about 10 miles away. The company will pay for me to stay there, so unfortunately, I'll be off-site. I am going to see if I can get discounted tickets through the conference - I've heard of that before. I'll see if I can call beforehand about that.

I'm holding out hope that plane tickets will go up high enough that the company asks me to stay over on a Saturday night to save some cash!

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Bummer about being off site. But, really consider the MVMCP. There's something so incredible about seeing the snow falling on Main Street USA!!

No matter what you do, have fun though!

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Other things you could try in the evenings would be character dinners at the restorts, Downtown Disney, Cirque de Soliel, Dinner shows at the resorts or even some Disney Mini-golf. You can still get the Disney experience without hitting the parks.

RockChalkKimball
06-29-2007, 11:49 PM
I did this exact thing last October, except my DD(18) was able to go with me. We only did one park, as I was in the conference every day until 4:00. We went to Epcot, since it had EMH and we could stay until midnight. The other evenings we had night dinner at different resorts and went to DTD and the Boardwalk. If you like to shop, you could just browse around and still get to soak up the Disney magic. This would be a great chance to see some of the resorts, too. I would definately go to MVMCP. That would be awesome! Have a great time!!

VickiP
06-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Sounds like I'm going to do MVMCP. I feel a little guilty going without my family since they haven't been either, but I really want to go!! :secret:

Thanks for the ideas! I've got some things to start researching!

Figaro0826
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
My suggestion would be, to book a spa treatment at the Grand Floridian Spa.

It's a short walk off from the monarail.

You will come out of there feeling like a million bucks.

That is one thing were definately doing for our trip in August.
We did the couple message last year on the honeymoon.
The cast members were very friendly.:thumbsup:

VickiP
07-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Now, that's a GREAT idea! That would feel wonderful after an all-day conference too. THANKS!! Sounds like a winner.

vamaggie
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Sounds like I'm going to do MVMCP. I feel a little guilty going without my family since they haven't been either, but I really want to go!! :secret:

Thanks for the ideas! I've got some things to start researching!

Tell your family that you will take on the difficult burden of "testing out" the MVMCP to see if it is something worth doing with the family. Tell them you love them SO much you will make the hard sacrifice of giving up a night to go to the MVMCP for them!! :secret:
Enjoy your solo visit!