PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs

DisneyDreams09
06-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I noticed quite a few people seem to prefer Coronado springs even after they have been there :)
Just wondering What you liked about it and if it is better than most of the other moderate resorts.
ALso When I go next I will be taking my mother (?) my brother (16) my husband (27) myself (25) and my son (6) Is this a good resort for us?

Also what is the D stand for in like DW, DH, DD, DS, etc.?

Thanks everyone!

greene
06-29-2007, 12:24 AM
I noticed quite a few people seem to prefer Coronado springs even after they have been there :)
Just wondering What you liked about it and if it is better than most of the other moderate resorts.
ALso When I go next I will be taking my mother (?) my brother (16) my husband (27) myself (25) and my son (6) Is this a good resort for us?

Also what is the D stand for in like DW, DH, DD, DS, etc.?

Thanks everyone!

We just got back last week and we loved Coronado Springs! The grounds were just breathtaking! THe rooms were clean the pool was a big hit with our whole family. We never made it to the quiet pool even though it was closer to our room but it looked nice. We ate at the Maya Grill and before we went we didn't get very many recommendations for it but it turned out to be our best meal at WDW!!!! When we go back in a couple of years we WILL be staying at CS and we will for sure eat at the Maya Grill.

I think the D stands for darling but I'm not 100% on this. Hope this helps!

TooGoofy
06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Haven't been to coronado Springs yet...but we are going to be there in 3 days! I'll do a trip report when I get back and let you know what I think.

As for the "D", it stands for "dear" according to Info central. Here's the link...
Abbreviations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp)

grumpyguy
06-29-2007, 07:01 AM
we stayed at cs for 10 days last sept.the grounds are very large but beautiful.it does have a business type convention hall so you do tend to see more people in suits vs vacation wear around the resort.while its still disney,i
think it's more a mature disney feel.everything was great when we stayed there.buses came
frequently with short ride times and room was kept clean.we would definetly stay there again.
:thumbsup:
gg out!!

Dedivah
06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
We have never stayed there, however, we will be there in 37 days! :cloud9:

hokies4life
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Our favorite part of CS was the Pepper Market, with the variety of options. But after our last trip there the prices seemed to be alot more expensive than we remembered, so we weren't as happy with it as before. But we would probably stay there again if we had to.

JPL
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I really didn't enjoy my stay at Coronado Springs while the resort was nice and the room clean. The business people crowding the food court in the morning and around dinner really took away from the Disney feel. It's not fun to see people rushing off to their meetings in a hurry and obviously some not happy to be there.

I laso had some problems with my room the AC was not working and they attempted to fix it 3 times unsuccessfully and I asked to change rooms and they said we can't do that sorry. I even requested if I could moved to a different resort and they said no. I for one will not stay there again.

c&d
06-29-2007, 12:27 PM
We stayed last August and really enjoyed it. The main pool area was great and never crowded. The grounds are beautiful and we loved taking walks around at night. It is beautifully lit. It also has a health club and spa so it feels more like a deluxe. It also has a real lap pool, I'm a swimmer so being able to exercise is great.

We absolutely loved Pepper Market. The choices were great. The buses ran really well and were never that crowded during the day. Although there was a convention going on it never interfered with our plans. Only once when we poorly timed lunch at noon was there a long, long line. But we headed over to the pool area and ate there.

Also you can see the fireworks from Epcot and MK at night.

Pocahontas
06-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Our family stayed at CS seven years ago. My DH and I didn't enjoy it as much as other Disney resorts, because we felt it just didn't have that 'Disney' feel. My 9 year old DD on the other hand loved it. She especially loved the pool theme and had fond memories of getting her 'hair wrap' at a stand near the pool. One other plus - the buses were never full. On a couple of occasions, we were actually the only ones on the bus heading to a park (can't remember which parks, I think MK or MGM).

kaerbear178
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
We stayed there about 1-1/2 ago and loved it! The grounds are great, it was quiet, love the Pepper Market...There was a convention going on but it didn't affect us at all. We'll stay there again for sure.

Disney_or_bust
06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
We stayed at the CS. The grounds are beautiful, I agree. The rest. are great! If you stay there you definately eat at the Maya Grill. The PepperMarket was perfect for breakfast on the go. The lobby is stunning!! I'm not a big "beach" person so this Moderate resort appealed to me the most. We also go massages at the health club. They were fabulous.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
07-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I really didn't enjoy my stay at Coronado Springs while the resort was nice and the room clean. The business people crowding the food court in the morning and around dinner really took away from the Disney feel. It's not fun to see people rushing off to their meetings in a hurry and obviously some not happy to be there.

We felt the same way. There was a large convention when we stayed there last time and felt that it took away from the Disney vacation feel. Even the morning coffee walk where we say good morning to everyone was different, most people where running for work and not as pleasant as most Disney Guests at other resorts.

I think this is why we prefer POR.

Crow
07-01-2007, 10:08 PM
ive stayed at all the mods and CS is tied for my fav.
grounds were nice, lake also.
Pepper Mkt was crowded in am some. i liked the selections at dinner and w CS credits you could even get a steak. i got calzone which was good.
buses were not bad. did have to wait once.
Ranchos are kinda far for some, but i didnt mind the walk and a bus stop was close.
add in the business center for internet access and spa.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I've always considered myself a "Deluxe Resort Queen' until we decided to take all three children and their respective 'spouses' last Aug. With 8 of us going and mom picking up the tab for everything including air I needed to be frugal. :blush: Two rooms at Coronado Springs with the free dining plan and 9 day hopper plus tickets it was. :secret:

Being I'm a smoker we were located in Cabana's 9A building. Must say I was impressed with the Resort. We had less than a 5 min walk to two bus stops, food court, main pool and hot tub and had a quite pool right in front of us as well as the laundry facility. Bus service was just as good as we've had at AKL! Every morning I'd open the curtains and look out over the resort with a fabulous view of Expedition Everest and the Tree of Life. :)

Enjoyed the resort enough I stayed there two more times last year.

JWB3
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Huh, and all this time I thought the "D" was for Disney! :sombrero:

I stayed there several years ago for a conference (going back for same in Oct.) and thought it was very nice - highly recommed it, esp. for the nice setting and Peppers!

DisneyDreams09
07-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I so appriciate everyones input, I know very few places that have 100 % satisfaction, but I think I have a general idea of what to expect.

Thanks again and have a magical 4th:flag::flag:

KAT1811
07-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Huh, and all this time I thought the "D" was for Disney! :sombrero:

That's my belief and I'm sticking to it! Much more interesting than "darling". I guess my love for WDW has reached a new level!!!

Anyway, we LOVE Coronado Springs. One of the reasons we love it is that it is mainly a convention hotel. We very rarely wait for much of anythign while we are there because most of it's guests are in meetings. There is never a line for the bus. I'm fairly certain I've never even had to stand on the way back from a park at closing time. There is never a problem getting a lounge chair by the pool. We love it so much I can't see us staying anywhere else anytime soon. Not even a deluxe. I much prefer the outside entrances to the rooms as well (that way I don't have to keep the DDs as quiet). The grounds are beautiful and the staff very helpful. I'm sure you'll love it!!!

like2workout
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
i've heard that this hotel is very big and spread out. my question is do you have to walk a long way to get to a bus stop, or are there several different stops like there are at port orleans riverside? thanks!

KAT1811
07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
i've heard that this hotel is very big and spread out. my question is do you have to walk a long way to get to a bus stop, or are there several different stops like there are at port orleans riverside? thanks!

There are several stops spread out over the resort and there is also a golf cart type shuttle that runs continually around Lago Dorado picking up and dropping off guests along the way. The shuttle makes navigating the resort much easier although we prefer to walk to El Centro. The resort really isn't that much more spread out than the others. IMHO CBR is much more spread out than CS.