PDA

View Full Version : Late Flight / Magical Express Question ?

Lori0963
06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I booked a late flight so that I could spend more time at Disney, our flight time is 7:10 PM and I'm going to request a late check out.

My question is what time will we have to leave our resort to get to the airport? It seems like in 2005 when we were there last they scheduled us to leave the resort 3 hours before our flight time.

emmingo
06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
When I did ME back in Feb, they said they would schedule me 3 hours before, but it ended up being a little less (around 2.5), since the buses stopped at ASMu every 15-20 minutes (I think). My flight was at 5:30 and they scheduled me to be picked up at 2:45. I left the park (MK) around two, and was probably about 20 minutes early for my bus (which was on time)!

If you'd prefer not to do ME, the Orlando International Airport is about 45 minutes from WDW give or take ten to fifteen minutes depending on where you are staying inside the park.

:)

Bethanymouse
06-28-2007, 09:42 PM
ME will let you know what time you need to return to your resort to catch your bus.

CleveRocks
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I booked a late flight so that I could spend more time at Disney, our flight time is 7:10 PM and I'm going to request a late check out.

My question is what time will we have to leave our resort to get to the airport? It seems like in 2005 when we were there last they scheduled us to leave the resort 3 hours before our flight time.On the morning of the day BEFORE your last day, you'll get a DME envelope dangling from your doorknob. In there will be your assigned pick-up time. It will be roughly 2.75-to-3 hours prior to your flight time. Each resort gets 2 pick-ups per hour spaced 30 minutes apart on a schedule such as :00 and :30 after the hour, :10 and :40 after the hour, etc. (as long as there are reservations -- no ride reservations at that resort for a given time equals no pick-up).

If you name your resort, and if Piglet822 sees that post, she can pretty much tell you when your pick-up will be scheduled with 99% probability (she's a DME driver and knows each resort's scheduled pick-up times each hour). I can say that you should figure your pick-up time will be scheduled for 4:15 p.m., plus/minus 15 minutes.

Across the board, Disney's late-checkout policy is as follows. If you make the request the day before, and if they can accommodate you, they will allow you to checkout by 1:00 p.m. (no extra charge) instead of the standard 11:00 a.m. If you arrange to leave by 3:00 p.m. you will be charged one-half of the nightly rate for your room, and if you arrange to stay past 3:00 p.m. you will be charged the full nightly rate.

You can have Bell Services store your bags for you and you can go out for a few hours after checking out, just make sure you're back in time to get your luggage back (sometimes they can get VERY busy and backed-up) in order to catch your scheduled DME bus.

Any other questions, just ask!