PDA

View Full Version : Gratuity at non disney restaurants

greene
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
We just got back and we used the DDP and thought it was awesome!!! We ate at 2 restaurants that were on property but not Disney run I guess....

They said they do not get the 18% gratuity that the other restaurants get.?.?.? Does anyone know if this is true?

spoiledraf
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
The plan says gratuities included. If the restaurant is on the plan, then they should be getting the $$$. If not, I say it's not my problem. I feel bad for the servers, but I paid up front for the services. Somebody on their end has to find out why they aren't getting their gratuities. I certainly wouldn't be doubleing up on my end.

TheRustyScupper
06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
1) If the meal is DDP, the servers get 18%.
2) Maybe they meant taxes are deducted, so they don't get it all.

Natazu
06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
It's true but kind of in bad form for them to tell you. Unless, of course, you brought it up.

Basically, here's the 411:
Non-Disney restaurants do not give servers 18% of your check total when you use DDP credits. Truth is, they don't even all pay out servers in the same manor. For instance, the server gets $5 per person at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. So, if there are two people, the server gets $10, even if your check is $150. Marrakesh, however, pays the servers 18%, but not on your check total. They pay the server based on the amount Marrakesh bills disney. This amount is 30 - 50% less than your bill would be if you were paying out of pocket because non-disney restaurants bills Disney at a large discount.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
So, out of curiosity then, which restraunts on the plan are not Disney owned? I have no problem tipping extra for good service, and would especially like to know if it's at a restraunt where they don't get the full 18% that I've been assuming they would.

Natazu
06-29-2007, 08:43 PM
So, out of curiosity then, which restraunts on the plan are not Disney owned? I have no problem tipping extra for good service, and would especially like to know if it's at a restraunt where they don't get the full 18% that I've been assuming they would.
Here's the ones I am pretty sure of:
everything at DTD and Boardwalk
everything at Swan & Dolphin
Victoria and Albert's
Rost & Crown
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
Nine Dragons
Bistro de Paris
Chefs de France
San Angel Inn
Maya Grill (I thinK)
The new one in Italy, Tutto Roditore or something like that
Teppanyaki
Yak and Yeti
Rainforest
Hollywood Brown Derby

There may be some more... anybody? Jason?

TheRustyScupper
06-30-2007, 12:02 AM
. . . Non-Disney restaurants give servers 18% of your check total when you use DDP credits . . .

1) I stand corrected.
2) We were told all servers got 18%.
3) Bummer.

Marilyn Michetti
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I believe if the restaurant is a DDP participant, they take 18% automatically. Anywhere else, (unless your party has eight or more), it's up to you.:confused:

mainemajor
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Rainforest is not on the DDP :(