PDA

View Full Version : Have I been in the dark about 1900 Park Fare?

Cozfamilyof6
06-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I just realized (or think it's true) that there is a character dinner at 1900 Park Fare that has Cinderella and friends? If that's the case I may drop our CRT reservation for November and go to 1900 PF. Cinderella is my daughter's absolute favorite and if there is more interaction with her at 1900 PF I'd rather take her there.

What's your opinion on CRT vs Park Fare? Is the food buffet?

Disney Doll
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I haven't been myself, but I've heard great things about 1900 Park Fare. It is a buffet. Try to make early dinner reservations (4:30 or 5:00) so that you can beat the crowds. Of course you don't get to actually dine in the castle like you do at CRT, but the characters are still there. I've done CRT and it just seems like too much hassle. It's hard to get an ADR, the prices are high, and it's always crowded. We plan to try 1900 Park Fare next time.

Checkers
06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
We were at 1900 PF for dinner in April and loved it! The buffet was very good and there is a lot of interaction with Cinderella/Prince Charming, etc. The Fairy Godmother greeted us as we arrived. We also were at CRT for breakfast one morning and it was nice also but overpriced, IMHO. For more interaction, definitely 1900 PF but I know it is being relocated temporarily but should be finished by your Nov. trip. I know it is posted somewhere here on the boards but can't remember where I saw it:confused:. Have fun!:mickey:

krose78
06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I have reservations for December to go. It is supposed to have Fairy godmother, Cindy, Prince C, and Perla and Susie mouse.

trapper
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
The rehabs are scheduled for July 9th - Oct 1st I believe. Anyway we were there last June and thought it was great! We all enjoyed and the interaction with the characters. Try the Strawberry Soup it is delicious!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 03:09 PM
We actually didn't enjoy our first experience at 1900 PF back in 2004 -- We found the restaurant crowded and there were far too many tank tops for our dining pleasure :sick: ... so our recollection of the food is non-existent! Anyhoo.... We have a dinner ressie for 1900PF in October at my DS9's request. He wants to eat with Cindy "For you Mom" ... and we aren't that gung ho on paying the fortune for the Castle and its mediocre food. That said..... If you have never eaten in the Castle, I would recommend doing it at least once. It is really beautiful inside, and the photo op with Cindy before hand is great. :thumbsup:

planner
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
We ahve done 1900 the last two years and loved it. The character interaction was outstanding.. The food is one of the best buffets you can get. There are numerous options including a pasta bar and good salad bar. As mentioned earlier, try the strawberry soup. Amazing!:cloud9:

For a character meal it is a great value.

Nicki'sMom
06-28-2007, 09:05 PM
We loved this character meal-great buffet. I am hoping it will be as good preplated during the renovation. We have ADR's again for breakfast(Alice,Mad Hatter,Pooh,Tigger,Mary Poppins) and dinner. Can't wait!

Mickey91
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
We love 1900 Park Fair!:mickey: The dinner buffet is good. The interaction with Cinderella is awesome and you get to meet Prince Charming!!!!!

MNMS
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
We tend to do both. My daughter likes other princesses more than Cinderella so that's a draw for CRT, plus there is something special about the Castle.

That being said we like 1900 Park Fare and think the food is some of the best at character dining (al least for dinner; we've never been for breakfast). As for character interaction,
we've been to both a few times and I do not remember it being better at one than the other.

Also 1900 Park Fare has a tea party with Alice and the Mad Hatter for kids only. They have sandwicher and decorate cup cakes. May daughetrs loved it last year (5 and 3 1/2) and we're doing that again this year.

If you haven't been to CRT a least once though, I would bite the bullet and go. I know it's expense, but a really nice experience.

BritCody
06-29-2007, 06:39 AM
We have done both in the past and we truly love 1900 Park Fare. It has become one of our must stops every year now. As for CRT, well it is ok. I mean you have to at least eat at the Castle once even though we done it a 1/2 dozen times or so. I'm not really crazy about the selection of food at CRT especailly when compared to the options of 1900 Park Fare, but I would try and work them both into the schedule, that is if you have never eaten at the Castle. I'm sure your DD would not mind

GrmGrninGost
06-29-2007, 07:19 AM
1900 PF is very good.:mickey:The character interaction is usually wonderful. You meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, Susie and Perla. The food is usually excellent, especially for a buffet. However, if you have not done CRT, I would recommend trying it at least once. The atmosphere, to me, is breathtaking. I love being inside the castle and being able to look out on Fantasyland!

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Last visit we started off our trip with the character dinner at 1900 Park Fare upon our arrival.

Great perks include:
*Only use 1 TS credit, as opposed to 2 credits to eat in the castle.
*Upon arrival at WDW, we immediately plunged into a great character experience without having to use park admission tix for that day. (we arrived close to dinner time anyway.)
*Meet Prince Charming! (My 3 yr old son now says he is going to be a prince when he grows up!)

Downside:
*Only princess is Cinderella. Of course characters are never guaranteed, but I don't think you will ever see other princesses at this meal.

Figment!
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
A complete listing of current character meals can be found in the Character Meals (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central. :mickey:

Minniemouse27
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Dh and I had breakfast at CRT back in 1999 (dd was born in 2001!) and we had dinner there one evening during the same trip.

We ate dinner at CRT during both of dd's past trips to WDW (at 1.5yo and 2.5yo).

Our next trip to WDW, in December, we have decided to skip CRT (2 TS credits) and do dinner at 1900 Park Fare and breakfast at Akershus instead. That way we get to see ALL the princesses and two meals!

Dd (now 6yo) is really excited about the trip and knows about each of the meals. We are 155 days out and this weekend we are making a 150 link chain to countdown to our trip! :mickey:

I_am_ts
06-30-2007, 02:55 PM
We have always had a terrific experience at 1900 Park Fare. We have also dined at CRT many times too. I prefer the "Cinderella" character interaction at 1900 PF to the newer procedure at CRT.

We also found her at Norway Princess Storybook LUNCH and she was very interactive. Of course, she is not guaranteed to be at this location.

Goes4FastPass
07-01-2007, 04:59 PM
As stated earlier Prince Charming is at1900PF and for my niece that was a big plus.

For a group of princesses, Akershus in Epcot/Norway worked very wellfor us.

KAT1811
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
We love 1900 Park Fare and we don't really care for buffets. 1900 is traditionally our first meal in WDW. A great way to start off the vacation! I have to agree that if you haven't done CRT I'd do it at least once. If you have and your DD won't freak if you don't go try 1900 I don't think you'll be disappointed!

katzctkpt
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
We've done 1900 Park Fare in 2004 & 2005 both times we've loved it. A lot of character interaction and the food was great. I highly recommend this. I don't recommend the Crystal Palace just did that on Friday 6/29 and was not impressed with the breakfast buffet and the characters didn't interact at all. Just a swift pass by the table and if you were lucky possibly a picture. The food was below average imo for the price that was paid.