PDA

View Full Version : Copa America

MGKpotc8283
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I figured since we had a thread for the Gold Cup I would also start one for Copa America. Mexico upset Brazil last night. I guess Mexico is very focused after loosing in the Gold Cup Final. Another poster mentioned the goal by Castillo in the other thread. This was an excellent goal. Brazil looked flat in the game and couldn't seem to put together a run that resulted in a goal (although they had a few come very close). Robinho played very well for Brazil and almost put a couple in the back of the net. Does anyone else think that if Ronaldinho and Kaka decided to play in this tournament that this result might have been different? Good luck to the U.S. team that plays tonight.

RAIDER
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I shall be watching it this weekend and looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Advnt05
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Ouch. I expected the US to lose but I'm surprised a little at the second half. It seems that they got tired and sloppy. Hopefully, they'll turn it around for the next game. Argentina did look good.

MGKpotc8283
07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately I didn't expect much out of this match. Especially with the U.S. sending a "B-Team". I think that the U.S. will do better against Paraguay. They just have to watch out for Santa Cruz who is probably Paraguay's best striker. If the U.S. tighten up their defense and mark the strikers closely I think they have a chance.

RAIDER
07-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Watched the quarter finals last night ...lets hope for a Brazil v Argentina final both teams look orsam :thumbsup:

The Reservoir Dog
07-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Argentina v Brazil of course is the final everyone wants. Argentina have a difficult semi final against Mexico who are also full of confidence and scoring goals. This could be a bruising encounter and may take alot out of whoever wins for the final.

However I think Argentina have the class to get over this and not make the mistakes they made in the World Cup.

MGKpotc8283
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Brazil and Argentina would be a great final. Mexico is also playing very well in this tournament. The Mexico vs. Argentina game should also be a great match to see.

TheAdventurer
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Any final that doesn't include Mexico would be good as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't expect much from us since we sent our B team, but even with my low expectations I was disappointed at just how bad we did. Oh, well, there's always our new blood--Our U-20s are killing in the youth world cup, thrashing Poland 6-1 and following that up by beating Brazil. USA for the 2014 World Cup!! :number1: ;)

Raider: "orsam"? Is that a strange British word?

RAIDER
07-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Any final that doesn't include Mexico would be good as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't expect much from us since we sent our B team, but even with my low expectations I was disappointed at just how bad we did. Oh, well, there's always our new blood--Our U-20s are killing in the youth world cup, thrashing Poland 6-1 and following that up by beating Brazil. USA for the 2014 World Cup!! :number1: ;)

Raider: "orsam"? Is that a strange British word?

You probably know it as "awesome" .... orsam is slang spelling ....

Anyway Brazil are though ..just ..... come on Argentina so its a final worth staying up for :thumbsup: