PDA

View Full Version : Going during Pop Warner, need help....

dundeehunter
06-28-2007, 10:50 AM
My family and my parents are wanting to go to WDD Dec 4-10...however, I was told that it's Pop Warner time and crawling with children....:( We would prefer 2 rooms at a value hotel for a cheaper price, but where is a good place to steer clear of this crowd? :crowd:

Would staying at a moderate help? And what type of discount does Disney usually offer during this time period? I haven't found any cheap flights yet, so I'm not knowing what our total cost of this trip will be, but I would like to keep it down to a minimum....

Thanks in advance!:cool:

SurferStitch
06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Our trip started on 12/7 last year, and we had no issues whatsoever with the Pop Warner crowds. Never really saw them at the parks, either.

We stayed at Pop Century, and didn't see any of the kids. They don't normally stay there, so you should be safe. From what I hear, they are plentiful at the AS's.

I also read here that overflow can and will stay at the mods, but I'm not sure which one. I'm sure someone will come along and let us know.

Our trip starts on 12/6 this year, and I'm sure the parks will be fine again.

faline
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Generally, Pop Warner folks stay at the value resorts and some of the moderates. They, however, have little to no impact on park attendance.

Tynkerbelle
06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
We had the same problem last December - we decided to go a week earlier than usual and after booking everything we found out about Pop Warner.
I've heard the same that others have already stated - they stay at values and the overflow go to the moderates. We stayed at the Beach Club so we didn't have any problems there.
We did not notice any impact at the parks - MK, EPCOT & MGM.

TammiMcMan
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Last year, the resorts that were offered to the Pop Warner teams were the AllStars and POR. If you are going to choose a value, you're best bet is Pop Century. As others have mentioned, they have very little impact on the parks due to their competition schedule.

I don't know what discounts will be offered this year, but my suggestion is to go ahead and book a room only and then update it when the discounts come out. To save yourself time and hassle, if you book through someone like Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), they'll take care of looking for the discounts and you don't even have to worry about it.

kakn7294
06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
TammiMcMan is right on the resorts that Pop Warner uses. In fact, those are the same resorts they have used for the past several years, not just last year. Your best bet for a value resort is POP Century, then probably All-Star Movies. Avoid All-Star Sports! The only problems we encountered at POFQ were that the buses were fuller at the end of the day and our food court was often busier in the mornings because people from POR walked over to avoid the crowds in their own food court. We did recognize a few at the parks but they usually look just like any other family and you can't tell who is who.